PIP advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

hey guys,

ok so from June 2018 ive suffered 4 Pulmonary embolisms.

lost my job because of my illness, now heres the climax to my story.

Found out i was pregnant in January, Healthcare professionals classed me as a high risk patient because pregnancy can cause clots which im prone to developing.

11th feb 2019 I was admitted to hospital i had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my left tube and had emergency surgery.

Im so depressed, i lost my health, my job, my baby and ive lost myself.

So ive applied for PIP on the basis that im always breathless and dizzy ect (the usual symptoms associated with pulmonary embolisim) and that im depressed.

no joke guys I dont even get out of bed (theres no reason to) my personal hygiene is pretty much non existent. You get the jist

But my work coach at the jobcentre that I most likely will be refused??

any advice or personal experience would be appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't listen to them Jenny. Just go ahead and apply. Get as much help as you can from welfare rights as they know how to fill the form out properly. Get in touch with your GP as they will contact them too.

There is no harm in applying. Just call them for a form telling them you would like to make a new claim.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of this.

A few pointers to remember when applying for PIP. It's not awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

There's no right or wrong way to fill out a PIP form and there's no specific words to use either. Just make sure you put as much information about how your conditions affect you as possible.

Don't rely on them contacting anyone for any evidence because this very rarely happens. It's your responsibility to prove you qualify and not theirs. Therefore you need to make sure you send evidence to support your claim with the form.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them, it's very rare to have a paper based assessment. Good luck.

• Posted

Just apply for it don't listen to anyone who works in a job centre they know nothing about pip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.