Pip and asa

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just had to go for a medical reveiw in August for my PIP it was extended until 2020, now just over 2 months later I was sent out an esa form and I am really worried I won't get it. My phycologist and doctor have gave me letters to send and wrote on the forms that they could be contacted if needed, I have PTSD GAD OCD and Aggrophobia. The thought of having to back up the town again terrifies me never mind what will happen if my money's stopped, I know they are 2 separate benefits I have been told this many time, but because got my PIP extended would that help me with getting esa. My doctor and phycologist say I am not fit for work, but I've been told that's irrelevant as it's not up to them so I am in panic mode. I sent the form away yesterday it's has to be back to them for the 18th December, so. I'm also worried my money might stop. Thanks. LesleyAnn

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley Ann know this feeling so well I've just been for a medical for my pip I don't know how long that takes to come back how long did it take you may I ask for a reply and I have an assessment for esa next week they are two totally different departments and unfortunately just because you get pip does not mean that you don't have to attend an esa you can get esa without pip and you can get pip with out esa so I've found out

• Posted

Hi Lesley,

I’m afraid they are 2 completely different benefits. It’s also very rare for them to contact anyone for any medical evidence, hopefully you sent evidence I. Yourself to support your ESA claim. Are you in a group st the moment or still on assessment phase? There’s no timescales either as to when you’ll have the assessment. Most people have assessments, so it’s worth bearing that in mind. Hopefully you’re not waiting too long. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.