PIP and Car Tax

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion


In April of this year I was awarded PIP, including the Higher rate mobility component. On July 2nd, I bought a second hand car and taxed it for 6 months. Apparently, I didn't have to pay for this car tax, so I was wondering if it's possible to claim this back, retrospectively?

Thanks :-)


0 likes, 4 replies


4 Replies

  • Posted


    Yes but if I were you i'd sort this tomorrow you should be able to get some money back from 1st Oct onwards.

    With dla you need the serial number on your certificate of entitlement. Dvla online is very quick and the system checks your mot and insurance electronically. You can then tax the car under disabled class in the drop down menu. I would check first by ringing dvla or main post office to ask how you change the tax as it is the end of the month.

    Hope that helps.


Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up