pip and esa tribunals

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just read that 65% of tribunals overturn original decisions . So obviously the assessments and the decision makers are not doing there jobs properly , I have read stories of people who have carried out the face to face assessment have lied on the reports and not put down the correct details on the report in such a manner as to avoid giving out adequate points thus making the claimants fail pip claim .

Now when I filled our my pip claim form I signed a declaration stating the information I had given was true to the best of my knowledge .

So why are the face to face assessors not made to sign a declaration stating that they have told the truth on the assessment report , and when the tribunal overturn the result the assessors should face disciplinary and legal action against them . If you ask me it's just a disgrace what they are being allowed to get away with .

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes that figure is correct for those that appear at their Tribunal and not for those that ask for a paper based decision. It's actually a lot less for paper based decisions.

I'm afraid i can't answer your question. For those that are refused these benefits they just have to fight and not give up.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply , I'm. Going to fight my decision to the end it's just so disheartening 

• Posted

I would advise anyone who needs to have a pip or ESA medical to record their medical assessment and have someone to help write the notes during the assessments Words for words and get the health professionals to read and signed it there and then before she goes like that if she lied in the reports you'll have proof of evidence if you need to go to a tribunal .

And never speak to the benefit office without recording the conversation. It has helped me a lot when I've help people in the community receiving the benefit they need. 

• Posted

Just incase you didn't know. You need permision to record an assessment. If you haven't got permission and you're caught recording the assessment will stop, your file will be returned to DWP and you'll be refused that benefit.

• Posted

Hi Paul,

The possible answer to your question is that the dwp are instructed by the government to refuse as many claims as they can in the hope that we will give up  at the first hurdle. I have been on the merry go round of claiming benefits and have been lied to on many an occasion, blatantly lied to.

But, we do not have the individual clout to fight our corner as the mighty dwp and government have to fall back on.

If we make a mistake or error of judgement then look out, they on the other hand just blame the "system".

Fight the good fight,

Mike.

• Posted

This is exactly what happened to me.

To cut a long story short, =

September 16 filled in PIP forms

October 16 face to face interview at home

November 16 awarded standard care and mobility

December 16 had manditory reconsideration = no change, award still the same.

Started appeals process.

June 17 won my appeal and all money backdated to December 16.

This whole exhausting episode was because the woman who did my face to face lied, yes lied on her assessment of me.

One thing I will say is people (including myself ) thought that pip would be the same as DLA,,,,,,, they are totally different.

Dee.

• Posted

Those words you just said " DLA and PIP are totally different" Yes indeed they are and this is why a lot of people aren't awarded it when transfering, because they just don't understand how it works. I can't say this enough when transfering from DLA or even applying for the first time PLEASE do your research! The same for ESA many people just don't understand it. There's plenty of info out there on there internet for everyone to research!

• Posted

Hi I have heard that the assessors are told to turn down so many claimants to meet their targets.  Don't blame the individuals but the system.  If they don't follow orders then they could lose their jobs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.