pip and going for aprentaships

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i have just applied for pip after comeing of esa i have been ill since 12 and i was wondering does aprentaships affect your pip payments please any advice i dont understand it all i need help im 23 and has you can tell im not good with the ins and out of things sad

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi misunderstood.I have only had one medical  which was for ESAThe Dr requested I unbutton my shirt and when he saw the pain I was in did not continue and said the meeting was over.I can only advise on what I have read. Be careful taking any work on because even if you can use your hands to type they will take you off any payments and put you on a training course.Just incase you think I am cheating the system my wife is typing this for me.But please remember we are all advising you on our experiences and I advise you should always seek help from the CAB.Please do not take on any work until you seek advice
    • Posted

Hi Michael,

A medical for ESA is the same for DLA or PIP. They use the same descriptor points in all cases. The problem at the moment is the current switch over from ATOS (French Company) to Maximus (USA based company).

ATOS is buys out our Paramedics by offering them £30k a year, etc. Paramedics only require one degree to qualify, hence why they cost lower.

Maximus is buying our Occupational Therapists at £60k a year.

As you can see the average wage is doubled, they are doing this by denying more ESA, DLA or PIP claims, hence they are saving more  money by sending disabled people to work.

Suicides since last October have increased drastically, which they do not print in the media, just to make this government look good - with blood on their hands, it makes me sick.

You mentioned problems with keyboards, you should see me try and draw a circle or square with a mouse, both of my hands spasm, so I try and use one hand to keep the other one stiil, even thats impossible! lol

Regards,

Les.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

You can still apply for an Apprenticeship and claim DLA or PIP. Both these Allowances are currently not "means tested" - so you can apply.

You need to bear in mind what you apply for because you will be looked at by ATOS or MAXIMUS Officials.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Why did you come off ESA? I know this may sound strange, but people on ESA are normally entitled to PIP anyway.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

My partner just got into full time work i have genralised anxitey and depression bi polar and personality diorderibs pcos disirder im under mental health team and see pshycoligist and psciretrist cant spell sorry allso av spina bifida ocoulta
    • Posted

Allso a was never on dla no c a b said a shud of been put on this but a was on esa a only had 1 medical at16 and was unfit to work but now my bf working a cant get nout so a was told to claim pip and a was bit outraged to find out after some body rang up benifit fraud to find out a wasnt on dla i am vunrable i donderstand things
    • Posted

Hi again,

Sorry, I don't know your name. I can understand what you are saying, ignore people that say they can't read your English, obviously you would need help filling a form in for DLA/PIP claim.

With your boyfriend working full time that would stop you claiming ESA, because you would be over the 'capping' limit. I'm not sure what this is for just a couple.

Ignore anyone stating you are commiting Benefit Fraud, Obviously they do not know how the system works, and are just being nasty towards you.

Here is what you have:

With DLA or PIP (Which one you get depends on your Postal Code) this is an Allowance that is paid to YOU only, and is "means-tested". This means you can still claim DLA or PIP even if you are working, but only in certain conditions. Any benefit that is "means-tested" is not a taxable allowance, therefore you are allowed to apply for it, and going by your issues you have mentioned you would would be Awarded it, the amount you get depends on how the Award Form is filled in.

Ignore what people say about you, they are in the wrong, not you - just because you do not understand issues or matters, does not mean you are vulnerable. It is people like that you want to stay away from, if there is anything you do not understand that I am saying please say so, and I will re-word it differently.

If you applied for a new form to fill in, is there anyone that could help you, ignore the CAB, they have a tendancy of losing Awards because of stupid reasons. A better way is if one of your parents could help you, I can also help you, many people get lost with the forms and how the questions are worded, what I would do is tell you exactly what to put and where. There are traps that people fall in to, this is what you want to avoid at all costs.

I have helped others on these forums get DLA and PIP, I find each task unique, but one which we must win either way. Don't let people get you down, I know that's easy for me to say - but I have been through hell with hospitals, doctors, consultants and operations.

Let me know your thoughts and if you would like me to help you? I will guide you through the various steps to take, from start to finish - I'm sure we can get you through this period, if anyone says you're committing Benefit Fraud say to them "Prove it!", they will not be able to, because they do not know our countries systems, more to the point how they work.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

I filled it out have got medical 19 th am realy scared bout it as a dont no what to exsepct am not on aprentaship but my opucational thearpyist thinks a should as it cud help a will extra help and a learner surport teacher aswell as one to one but i dont whant to go medical get my money and then it stopd becus a started aprentashio nursery and i getting care help with it so it not like im working full time cant do that they no a cantbther try get me part time hours

• Posted

Hi,

Do you mind me asking you how old you are? This could make a difference, but it depends on the course you are doing.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

23 and i no ppl to work full time stil get pip but i no u can work non means tested but dont say aprentaship in nursery
    • Posted

Hi,

I was just checking your age, because at certain ages does affect numerous benefits.

Firstly, you stated you are scared of the actual Assessment, don't be until you read the rest of this message. Currently, there is a change-over in progress, some people are being assessed by ATOS, others are being done by Maximus.

Secondly, the Assessment itself is not that bad, there's probably things you do not know about the so-called Health Officials, as they state. They will not know anything about you, unless you mentioned it on the Award form. An "Health Official" is one of 2 people either a Paramedic (these days they only require one degree level) and work under ATOS or the other "Health Official" is an Occupational Therapist. Remember, you know more about your own condition then anyone working for the DWP, make a list if you are unsure or you forget things.

If you are wondering why they are called "Health Officials" this is a term the DWP uses to address them to you. Now, look back at what you told me initially, what was wrong with you - that was a lot of problems and these "so-called" Health Officals are not going to know every single diagnosis for each problem you have. The only thing they know is what you tell them, and if you have a physical problem then that would show straight away.

Is the apprentiship free to you? I know some are for 2 years, then you pay on the 3rd year and up. This depends on qualification you are aiming to achieve from the apprentiship. Beings the Apprentiship is not being paid for by a company you should be fine.

Is there a reason why you have left it so long to apply for DLA/PIP - at the moment it is called DLA/PIP because of the current changeover via DWP.

Regards,

Les,

• Posted

Hi a only found out a easnt on dla 2 months ago i cant reali understand a thought i was on it but was tokd by cab a was in esa not dla so a ad to let dwp my bf in full time work and started 3 minths ago so they stiod my miney a ten apokied for this but was hioing tondo a vultery course witchleads to aprentship a avnt startd aprentahip yet and still long way of getting there but after help thearpy a shud be ok as i struggle to leave the house anyway so at medical there will be o t are paramedic how would they no anything
    • Posted

Hi,

Thats the trouble with ESA and partners wages, one cancels out the other!

ESA - I was initially being taxed by the HMRC, so I phoned them up and put a complex question to them. The woman I spoke to said, please hold no one has ever asked that before, so she went and asked her Supervisor, she came back again and said I need to put you on hold again so I can speak to my manager! She eventually came back and said you are correct sir, let me adjust your account and wiped off £1,477 off my tax.

Ah right, now I understand - a paramedic or occupational therapist is whom the DWP bought out, and use them as Health Officials to interview you at Assessments. It was something that was shown in the media not long ago.

It is better if someone takes you, that way you have someone to back you up, should you get stuck, if they ask you certain questions.

By the way, you type bloody fast! LOL lol I couldn't believe a reply already! Well, I can understand what you write - so you're not that bad.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

I get notificaton on my phone and my sister will be with me on my medical finger crossed thanks for u advice its realy confuseing alk this dont take me much get confused but i actualy thought i was on dla but 7 years later no i been out on wrong on oh well no idea have wait and see xx
    • Posted

So anotet question will i have tell them everythig thiught they have medical records
    • Posted

Hi,

Well, at least you got your sister with you that's a good thing! Oh, so that's how you know about email notifications - I turned mine off, I get too many a day, and that bugs my and the family!

Our Benefits system confuses a lot of people, I have helped many get DLA, PIP and ESA, many because of the forms and not understanding how to fill them in. I have even filled out Law forms, only because I have a good knowledge of Business knowledge, my own dealings with the DWP, Housing Benefit, Council Tax, etc. This country and forms is a nightmare, this society is a nightmare.

The reason I said about noting down things is because many people, go to Assessments and then have memory blocks, course if this happens and you cannot remember something, you could lose the Award. What most people do is note down, a typical day in your life - most would put down a bad day! So, you would list how your conditions effect you, making you unable to do certain things.

Regards,

Les.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.