Pip and working

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was awarded pip in April until December 2019 as I broke my ankle badly and have already had 2 surgeries on it. I can walk on it finally now but still not great. I’m a landscaper and am dying to get back in work. My boss says I can start back because of my knowledge and won’t have to do any lifting or physical activities as the labourers can do this. Does anyone know if I will still be able to claim PIP? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lee,

It depends on the reasons why you're claiming PIP in the first place? If it was because of your ankle injury and you're going to be doing landscaping then i'd strongly advice you to report those changes.

It does state that any changes of circumstances MUST be reported. Remember, it only takes 1 person to report you. If it was me then i'd report those changes for sure.

Good luck with going back to work.

• Posted

I forgot to add, yes people can and do work while claiming PIP BUT if the reasons why you're claiming PIP contradict your reason for claiming PIP then this needs to be reported.

• Posted

Thanks Denise, wasn’t sure if you needed to notify as it was awarded for so long. I’ll definitely do that. Maybe I will have to do another assessment 
    • Posted

You're welcome Lee. Yes most likely you will. Always better to be safe than sorry. Great news on being able to go back to work though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.