PIP and Working Tax Credits Disabled Element

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

Going on from my previous post as now being awarded PIP and the help of Denise, I have contacted the Woeking Tax Credits to up date them with my hours, salary and also my award notification.  

So I have been awarded LR care for PIP, I work 30 hours per week and earn £14,330 per year.

We don’t get woeking tax credits at the moment as we have no children and our combined household income is £40,300 per year. However we still have a live claim in place. So I updated all my new details and she has said I will be awarded the disabled elelement in the woeking tax credits, however I actually might not get any money for the disabled element as our income will still take it over the threshold, but a team will write to us to advise further.

Can anyone comment on this? 

Is it likely I will get it or not?

I am not bothered if we get it or not as we have a good combined income, however we just wanted to know if we did or not as we don’t know exactly how it works?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna,

With a household income of that figure and with no children i think you maybe right, i highly doubt that you will be award anything. HMRC will of course write to you or you can log in online to their website in a few weeks and see any details updated on there.

• Posted

The cut off for working tax credits for a couple over the age of 25 without children is £18,023 annual Income, these are the figures for 2018/19. It will increase slightly because you now claim PIP daily living.

Unfortunately because your joint income is £40,300 you still won't receive any money even though you still have a live claim. This is because you claim as a couple. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Thank you I thought this would be the case.

I wasn’t excepting it anyway

• Posted

You're welcome. It's always worth checking and certainly no harm in asking. x

• Posted

With a joint income of £40,300, twice the amount of the cut off figure of £18.023, you almost certainly won’t get anything extra.

You should be informed officially in due course

• Posted

Which is exactly what i said. The reason i advised Donna about the disabled element of WTC in her previous thread was because of her PIP award. I didn't know at the time of her household income. As i stated above, it's always worth checking.

Donna also stated that she wasn't expecting it anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.