pip appeal

Posted , 5 users are following.

had pip appeal on 28 oct 2016 had call from dwp today 8/11/2016 conffirming my details said should get payment within 2 weeks so happy its finally over and another question if anyone can answer im on assesment rate of esa would this pip help me when i go for esa assement anyone know

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Don't think it will, pip is paid to some people who work so its a different criteria, don't take my word for it though as iv never claimed it, glad you got your pip sorted, that was fast

• Posted

Hi Ross

Your PIP won't give you an automatic award for ESA.

However, as you have been assessed as have difficulties those same difficulties may apply to the ESA descriptors. If that was the case then your chances would improve considerably as you would have gold plated evidence of an assessment carried out by a DWP service provider.

• Posted

Hi Ross

Do you mind me asking what your condition is and why they said you weren't eligible for pip.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

i suffer from eperlespy have sezuresĀ  on a daily basis about 4 day and mental health problems
    • Posted

and you had to contest that... what's wrong with them, but well done smile

• Posted

yea they turned me down on wat tribunal awarded me only standered award but not mobilty but wanted to prove to dwp that they were wrong but happy its all over
  • Posted

How did you appeal of you don't mind me asking? I've just been told I won't be getting pip but I have took the pip test and I no I am entitled even scoring myself at with the lowest points when I no I'm higher. Please somebody help?!x

• Posted

Hi Abigail, it all depends not just on your illness but on the effect it has and is provable on your day to day life, what were the health issues you claimed for.

Also did you send in plenty of medical evidence to back it up.

• Posted

Well here goes...

I suffer really bad with aniexty.

I won't leave the house alone, even with somebody is a real struggle, I rarely go out.

I have to have somebody pick up my medication.

I will not use the shower, taps, iron, hair dryer other things Incase something bad happens

I will also not use my cooker Incase I leave it on or pass out

(Passing out is my massive phobia)

I have to have my shopping delivered even then I won't answer my door it will have to be my mum or daughters dad😫 I didn't really have much medical evidence other than showing my medication to the asseser.

I was really hoping I would get the claim so I can get a carer as I just can't live like this on my own with out the support from family. Sorry for the long post x

• Posted

Hey Abigail

I also suffer with anxiety and people don't realise that it's as debilitating and a real struggle to physically do most things in life. I also suffer with depression as well so I'm between a rock and a hard place. I just wish they realise not all disabilities can be seen.

Trust me when I say talk about your conditions, I have on this site and it's helped me a lot.

Also have a look on PIP scoring site to give you an indication how they will score you.

Good luck Neil xx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Neil and your understanding. I've got to phone dwp tommorow to make my first appeal xx

• Posted

they turned me down after consedarion u have to ring or write say u appealing there desion then it goes to tribunal
  • Posted

I have also gone through cbt therapist, but he has refered me to some were else as I wasn't able to go out and attend the appointments , but I didn't even have any evidence for that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.