PIP appeal decisio

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys. I've been transferring from DLA to PI P. The original decision was ridiculous so I asked for an MR, which was also refused. I did the only thing I could and took it to a tribunal. This was 7 months ago. I finally received a decision from the tribunal a while ago, dated 16/05/17. I was awarded high rate care and standard rate mobility. It was decided on the papers as there was no way I could attend a hearing.

The problem is, that was two weeks ago and I still haven't heard from the DWP regarding payment (which I desperately need, having had my income cut literally in half for the past seven months). I phoned last week and was told that they'd be sending a letter to verify some details, that I'd have to return before they could authorise payment. What details do they need to check, and does anyone have any suggestion as to how much longer I'll be waiting?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Great news on the decision! First of all the DWP have the same chance to chanllenge a decision as we do. They can indeed do this even for a Tribunal, BUT to be able to do this they would first have to ask for a statement of reasons from the Tribunal. Then they would have to prove that an error of law was made in making the decision. They very often don't do this but it doens't mean they won't. They also have the same amount of time as we do which is 1 month from the date of the decision. If after this time you haven't heard anything then i'd ring them to see what's going on. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I've already spoken to them and was told that they're not going to appeal the decision. They said they are sending me a letter to verify some details and will authorise payment when I return it. Any idea what they want to check and roughly how long that will take take? Do they always just wait out the four weeks in all circumstances? I couldn't imagine why, except for interest accumulation reasons.

• Posted

I have no idea why, sorry. You best bet would be to ring and ask that question as only they can tell you why. Interest accumulation? that wouldn't be worth bothering about for 7 months of back dated money to be totally honest. That couldn't possibly be the reason why they would hold payment. You say the decision was made on 16/5/17 that was almost 2 weeks ago. This isn't that long as far as DWP are concerned and you can't count weekends into that so we're talking about 9 working days up until today. Yesterday was bank holiday. 9 working days is no time at all to wait especially after a Tribunal decision. I've heard some people wait 6+ weeks for payment.

• Posted

Aye, you're right. It's not that long really. I know that I'll be waiting a while yet, it's just horrible waiting in such an open ended way. Thanks for your answers. I'll pencil it in at around six weeks.

• Posted

No problem. I know it's frustrating waiting when you know you're owed back dated money. It was the same for me when i first claim PIP and ESA.

• Posted

Don't panic .it usually takes 5-6 weeks to sort all your paperwork out from tribunal ..dwp and then different parts of dwp but it will be backdated to original date ....unless they want to appeal the decision which they have a 30day time limit to do .hope this has helped

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.