Pip appeal won but don't now what's going on

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I went to a tribunal 4 weeks ago I won at enhance rate for both components had a letter of the tribunal confirming and a phone call about two weeks ago from dwp asking if I had been in hospital etc and if my bank details were still the same but I just don't know what to do

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

The DWP are checking to see if there has been any changes in circumstances which include hospital stays and change in bank details. It can be annoying but in claiming benefits we agree to provide this information. You should now receive your extra payments and back dated benefit within 14 days.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I was just confused as the dwp person who was there said I would receive my payments within the next four weeks and nothing had happened. Have you been through a similar situation

• Posted

No I haven't been through I similar situation but I know people who have. Put a compliant into the DWP as you should have received your payments by now.
  • Posted

Hi I am like you I had my 2nd appeal on the 18th March and I got both enhanced rates as they had me on standard they even apologised stating that I should not have been there in the 1st place so am waiting on back dated from September till now said the same to me said that it can take from 4/6 weeks so just have to wait
    • Posted

Hi firstly thanks for your reply secondly have you heard of dwp yet to check your details etc
  • Posted

Yes they called me like you did the same checks gave them a call the other day and had asked them stuff and they said it was with the payment manager and should know within few weeks as I stated that I had a payment due to be made this coming Tuesday said that it would either be at the old rate or new rate depending on payment manager if it was at old rate then I would also receive a back dated payment along with the rest of back dated payments
    • Posted

When I contacted them they just said it's with the decision maker I and they have 28 days

• Posted

Well 28 days been and gone still nothing of pip starting to get worried now as they don't seem to have any information for me any suggestions would be great
  • Posted

Hi Steph I am still waiting like you going to give them till the end of the week had payment today and it was at the old rate as as of this Friday that's 5 weeks
  • Posted

Well more confusion. Received phone call yesterday stating that my claim is being processed backdated payment will be played in next few days but they think it could be an error in law can they do this to me I thought if they made payment that would be the end of this whole nightmare
    • Posted

Quick update and thanks to everyone who has commented my pip is finally sorted received a text message today saying I have been successful with my pip claim
  • Posted

That's good Steph1989 I called them yesterday regarding mines and they said because they didn't get mines till the 30th March they have till 27th of this month to either pay or appeal against the decision so here's hoping I hear from them by then but it's ridiculous that it can take them so long to sort it out.
    • Posted

That's wrong I contacted the tribunal regarding mine and they said they have 28 days from the date the tribunal took place. contact them again there time is up
    • Posted

Hi Bernadette they told me that they had until the 29 April but they didn't I contacted the tribunal and they said they have 28 days from the day that the decision was made my cab lady told me that to when I told them that they said they will get me a call back had the call back yesterday and tx today saying my claim has been awarded
    • Posted

Hopefully the last post I need to put on my thread received tx on Friday saying that I have been awarded may claim then the letter came Saturday so my nightmare is over finally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.