PIP application taking for ever

Posted , 4 users are following.

Back in 2017 I was getting DLA and I was being moved over to PIP but they rejected my application and I was told to reapply.

I got the form in May 2018 but I was having a mental breakdown at the time and was late sending it back, I was told by the DWP in October to just send the form back with a note and they would process it. I then did and in November, December and January I was told "its being processed" and that it didn't matter that I was late sending it back. In February I was told that it wasn't being processed as it was sent in late and that I would have to apply for a mandatory reconsideration. I asked to make a complaint about the DWP service I was receiving as I had essentially been lied to by previous DWP agents.

Now its April and I am no further forward, I have been told by the DWP that "its being processed" without a fixed date, I have also not heard back from the DWP complaints department and the PIP staff on the phone say that complaints are nothing to do with them that is another department.

What is the best thing to do now?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear the troubles you are facing. Reading your post, you received the forms in May, (and I'm aware you suffered issues during this time) you never contacted the DWP til October? Is this correct? Usually, you only get 30 days to send back the info the DWP require and that is lessened by the time they send it out and you have to reply, usually they will accept an extension with reason if you call them and ask, however i'm confused by the time delay between May and October, if you could explain further, thanks.

• Posted

I did call them in June and October and both times they said just send it in regardless of if its late or not.

• Posted

Sorry that meant to say , October, til May just realised i'd posted that wrong, either way my response remains the same. Also you said your dla to pip was rejected, were you awarded zero points, did you submit a MR at the time or a new application?

• Posted

It was a new one yes I did submit a MR and they rejected it at the time and they asked me to submit a new application.

• Posted

Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to understand your case and help in the best possible way. You said on transfer from dla to pip, you were rejected and at MR stage also, the next stage would be appeal and tribunal, are you aware of this, or is it an avenue you wish not to pursue?

• Posted

Did you request the assessment report at the 1st time and you could also request it on the MR , what was their response?

• Posted

hi just wanting some help/info. ive currently received PIP & just had an update & home assessment. to cut long story short, previously i was awarded low mobility & care but now been awarded higher care & no mobility when my needs for care have increased but my mobility is worse aswell. is it worth trying to ask for a reconsideration?

thanks

• Posted

Hi Diamond,

as this is a post started by Ted, it would be better if you started your own so that people can reply to you alone. Things tend to get confused when asking questions on someone else's post. x

• Posted

I am aware of the appeals process but both Social Services at my council and the PIP department both said it would be better to submit a new claim.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.