Pip assesment

Posted , 2 users are following.

My mum has received her pip assesment date, thankfully they have taken into consideration that she struggles to get out, but now I'm having to deal with a rather anxious lady more so then the normal anxiety she deals with, my mum sadly missed the DLA cut off age by a matter of two months so I just wondered how many people who are retired have passed from DLA to pip successfully

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am 67 and had to retire at 60 due to ill health. I am at the moment in the process of moving from DLA to PIP. From what I have seen of the descriptors for PIP, it is highly likely that I will not fit any of them unfortunately. I receive currently High Mobility and Middle Care of DLA.

Figures so far produced show that approx 75% of those that were claiming DLA receive some level of award under PIP. Effectively 25% of current DLA awardees will get nothing under PIP.

• Posted

She's had depression for years but by the sounds of it that don't pay much attention to that it's mainly for the fact that she has had a stroke that's really adjusted her life she is also 67 but the stroke has ages her by 10 years or more eyesight hearing speach the lot has been effected its a shame they are doing this to people over the retirement age, how can they send them back to work when no one will take them on because they are older and incapable of doing things that younger people can do
    • Posted

Whatever the diagnosis is is of no consequence to the PIP assessor or DWP. It is all down to being able to show, and provide evidence to back it up, that you fit in one or more of the descriptors.

Being 17 or 67 means nothing also to the DWP.

Failing PIP does not mean that they must go back to work. They simply have failed to convince the DWP which descriptor(s) apply to them. No one is saying that those that fail PIP are any less disabled than others with the same problems.

I have both physical and mental health problems. The only reason that I will fail the PIP assessment is because of the medication that I take that changes how my brain perceives things and keeps me free from physical pain. I have frontal lobe damage that has created a personality disorder/PTSD and life limiting physical illnesses.    

• Posted

By the sounds of it we stand a slim chance of being awarded anything unfortunately the main proof we need ie paperwork cannot be found so it will just be based and what she can and can't do on the day and if they think she is in need of help, I'm preparing for the worst that way the blow is less hard, hope all goes well with yours though sounds like your having a hard time yourself
    • Posted

Thanks, and to be honest I have now given up caring. It's so much more appealing to walk away from the PIP system. I just don't need all of this agro.

The whole system stinks. In law the claimant is not responsible for gathering/asking/searching or paying for any evidence to back up the claim. That responsibility lies clearly on the shoulders of ATOS/CAPITA. Unfortunately the DWP/ATOS/CAPITA aren't too worried about what the law says is their responsibility - they can ignore it and fail you knowing full well that if you appeal the onus on getting all of the supporting evidence is then down to the claimant. The DWP can't lose.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.