Pip assesment

Posted , 5 users are following.

My assesment is at my home tomorrow at 9am. I have a lot of paper work but was wondering if it is worth handing it in as one of the people who use this chat room says that the paper work is not even looked at so should i hand it in or not.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes give them everythig you have.

​Good luck tomorrow.

• Posted

It should have been copied and already sent to them with the PIP2 form.

If you didn't and you are intending to hand it over at the assessment it is more than likely that they will take it off you but not bother to read it. They will just send it to the DWP when the assessment report has been completed.

It's not how it is supposed to happen, but the reality is normally different to what they should do.

• Posted

I have sent it to pip but i was told it goes to pip dwp and not capita who are assesing me, i was told that capita are just the assesors and they are nothing to do with dwp they just right down what they see you do and dont bother with the paper work
    • Posted

It was you that told me this thats why i queried about giving it capita. This is a change of circumstance im reporting i currently get standard daily living and standard mobility but my condition has got really bad so im waiting to see if they will take it off me or stay the same i just cant walk and dont go out. So i might not get anything at all .
    • Posted

The correct method is that the evidence shoud be returned to the assessor with the PIP2 form. It should be that the assessor would review the PIP2 and all of the evidence submitted and decide if they need other evidence from say your GP or consultants.Then when that is all received they should either make a decision to call you in or submit a report to DWP based entirely on the evidence and the PIP2.

Calling you in for an assessment should be the last option.

That is how it should work, but we all know that short cuts are made by the assessors.

The evidence that you have sent in will then be seen by the DWP for the first time when they receive the assessors report along with the PIP2.

Sending evidence in AFTER the PIP2 is returned should go to the assessor BEFORE the date of the face to face. The assessors when it is received should once again consider if the face to face needs to go ahead. BUT, it is most unlikely that they will even look at the additional evidence, so you might as well send it direct to the DWP

Handing it over to the assessor at the face to face is really a waste of time, They certainly won't stop the assessment to read it - they should be generally won't.

Overall what you should do and what the assessors should do is very rarely done. They get paid for the number of assessments carried out - more assessments - more money.

Asking or expecting them to carefully read and understand all of the evidence that you send in or hand over takes time, time that they can ill afford to give you.

The rules are there to be broken, they need the maximum number of assessments to be carried out each day in order to maximise their income.

There is one school of thought amongst Welfare Rights Officers that the time to submit evidence is either at a MR if you are not happy with the decision or even direct to the Tribunal if you go for an appeal. 

• Posted

What I did when I had my home assessment was have all my paperwork ready if they needed to have back up evidence of something being discussed at the time. Also show them all your medication etc too and any aids and appliances you have . Also describe one of your worst days. Good luck and I hope that this helps
    • Posted

Also describe one of your worst days.

---   just as long as you balance the conversation by stating what your good and average days are like as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.