Pip assesment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks

Well l finally got my letter in to go for my pip assesment on 5th january. Is so far away in the city l am panicing already. I just think these are assesments trying to catch you out so they can say no to your claim. Although l have nothing to be scared of. I clearly have bad OA in all my joints and have had 3 reolacements in the one year and awaiting another knee. I have had to give up.my position as a bank manager and my job as my life is just nit the same now

I have plenty or evidence l can only try my best. Getting in is going to be hard part and then it said l will prob have 2 assesments one from them a medical proffecinal. They don''t make it easy l tell you that. I have worked full time all my life and now because of my OA l can only work 2 days and rely on my husvand most of the time. I have not slept a full night in my bed in over a year. I have changed as a person and now l have this meeting to worry about. Oh well what will be willl be .

Hope you all have a good new year

Laura xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Happy Christmas to you.  I know what you mean about how your life changes.  If someone had told me that I would have to give up a job I really loved at 52 years of age, I wouldn't have believed them.  

I hope the assessment goes well and that you get the right decision.  Just be yourself. x 

• Posted

I can sympathise, I get my PIP assessment on 30 Dec (next week) at 9am. Not looking forward to it.  My Atos centre is about 40 miles away but my sister and her partner are taking me through otherwise I would've been stuck. Getting upset about it now but I'm trying to put my nervous energy into researching the pitfalls and finding out how best to prepare for it. The waiting doesn't help, I just want to get it over and done with!

Good luck with yours. 

• Posted

Hello Patricia,

my appointment for my assessment was over 30 miles away, but my hubby rang and they changed it to a centre just 4 miles away as there was no way I would have been able to stand a journey that far without several stops.   I hope all goes well with yours, come back and let us know. Take care. x 

• Posted

Will do sukes thanks merry christmas x
    • Posted

Yeah mines is about 40 miles away too patricia in the middle of a busy city centre the worst possible place it could be. I might try and ring and see if l can get it closer. Good luck too patricia xx
  • Posted

Just would like to remind you that you can only change your assessment appointment once. You should go to second appointment where ever or whenever that is. . When you ring Atos/Capita please make sure they understand your needs and why you can't make the first appointment.

Good luck xx

• Posted

I managed ti change my appointment to a place much closer. Its on the 11th now and l am terrified. My husband is coming with me but l never realised he was not able to talk unless promted to. Am scared still and know l will cry the day off assesment thriugh nerves and talking about how much its affected my life.

Laura x

• Posted

Hello Lors,

my husband came with me and was positively encouraged to talk.  The assessor said that it is important for carers to speak as they can contribute so much. x

• Posted

Hi Laura, the assessment went extremely well. The nurse was really pleasant and had no objection to my son being there and taking notes. It lasted about 30 mins and if anything she seemed to be prompting me to mention certain things I had said in my contract. Didn't have any problems at all with it on the day except for not feeling very well - of course!  There's been a further turn of events though since then. Please look in my thread PIP Assessment. I'm just about to post my latest episode.

• Posted

Will do thanks patricia l hope mines goes ok to. And l hope you get yours xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.