PIP assesment end of September, very nervous

Posted , 4 users are following.

I reapplied for PIP and I have received a letter advising of an appointment for an assesment at home(I dont remember requesting one). This time I think I did the application correctly and enclosed a lot of supporting evidence for my ankylosing spondylitis and/or rheumatoid arthritis

However I am very nervous about the assesment as I am kind of shy person and feel last time around I did myself a disservice by not explaining my condition fully.

Please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When I went to the lasg assesment I was having a good day and so I walked at normal pace and did things "normally" not realising it would come back to haunt me. Ideas please and please feel free to pm me
  • Posted

hi, its not so much about your condition , its about how it affects you from  day to day  if you find every day tasks difficult dont offer to make tea, dont appear to active,especially with arthritus  we all try to put on a brave face and do these tho  things BUT it wont help your case. Dont worry  you obviously submitted enough medical evidence to warrant a home visit, i wish i had asked for home visit , but then if i had they wouldnt of seen how i cope day to day and how distressed i get goi ng out the house. good luck let us all know how it goes. gentle hugs xx

• Posted

Hi Jayne

My application last year i waited like 7 months for an assesment and this time round its been only 2 months. A little shocked how quick it was

I supplied letter from rheumatology consultant, letter from gp, i asked for report from radiographer for my last mri which states his findings and i promptly sent that to Artos and also enclosed photos of my swollen ankles, skin lesions on my scalp, groin etc

So on the day do i just have to explain further how my condition affects me?

Luckily the local housing authority are supplying raised toilet seat and hand rail for the bed to help

• Posted

Hi , you don't need to explain give him or her all the medical report all your appt hospital ,physio .i had them recently at home and a got an indefinite award so ,have someone talking on your behalf , and  stay in bed don't move if they ask you to walk say you can't as the meds meek you dizzy , ,but you need evidence to show them and don't worrie as long as you are I'll not faking it you will be alright and assessment at home means you are disabled and vulnerable ,take care and good luck ,don't panic and have someone with you explain to the person who's going to be with your illness and let her do the talking x
  • Posted

You have answered your own question DarkC basically learn from your last assessment. If an inconsistancy arises then explain it by saying last time was a good day, this is not a good day.

As advised above you have proven your condition now you must prove its affect on you. This is done by care plans, diaries, carer statements and any aids that have in your home eg Disabled shower, hospital bed, bottom wiper, mobility scooter etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.