Pip assessment.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am registered partially sighted,I have diabetic neuropathy in my hands and feet , arthritis in my knees and numerous other medical conditions.i had my pip assessment today,the place I had to attend was miles from my home so had to take a long uncomfortable taxi journey.The person I saw told me she was a nurse.i passed over the folder I had containing all my doctor's reports ,sight registration certificates? ect but she gave them straight back and said they mean nothing and they go by the medical they do there.is this right? I know I'm not going to be awarded this by her attitude but I'm not coping well and I'm desperate for help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Marilyn,

when you filled out the forms to apply for PIP, did you send in all the necessary paperwork with them?   What kind of medical did this nurse do, if you don't mind me asking.  She sounds a bit of a jobsworth to me.   

My assessor asked me to do a couple of things, but could see that I was unable to walk without help so did not expect me try very much. 

• Posted

Hi,

No that's not right! That's not what she should have done. She should have taken a photo copy of all the evidence that you gave her and attached it to your file! This is the reason why it's so much better to send all your evidence with the PIP2 form when you sent it back. It has been known for them not take copies. They shouldn't go by just the report she does, they should look at all evidence. However the report that these people do after the assessment the decision maker very often goes along with what was said and the points awarded will reflect what was given during this. My advice to you would be to ring DWP ASAP and tell them you have more evidence to give and they didn't take it from you yesterday. You'll need to send this today and hope a decision isn't made before they get it. Post can take up to 10 working days to arrive at the correct department. Did you send any evidence with that PIP2 form?

Also you could have changed the appointment date/time and place when you first had the letter (you can do this only once) mostly first appointments are computer generated and usually they send out appointments that are miles away from home making claimants travel further than needed. You'll know this for next time. Sorry i didn't answer your post before because for some odd reason i've only just noticed it. Please ring DWP today.

• Posted

Hi,I did try and change the appointment place because it was so far away but was told it would be classed as a refusal to attend.i had sent copies of doctors reports ect with the claim form so they are on file but she said anything else that wasn't sent didn't count towards this claim.i really don't see how she would be qualified to do an eye test,I had the card right up to my nose and could just about see the largest print.i told her my ankles were locked and I had medical evidence but she still tried to bend them so by the time she'd finished with me my grandson had to practicality carry me onto the waiting room chair.this morning I'm wishing I hadn't bothered to apply,I've been awake all night and I'm in terrible pain all over despite taking an extra tramadol and cocodamol. I know I'm going to fail and really don't know what to do because I'm desperate for practical help,I'm so tired of it all.

• Posted

I have a crumbling spine i have all the evidence i sent it off before my assesment and i had an home visit i gave the lady the evidence to look at and she never took it off me she said she goes by what she sees to give her assesment.

I did get pip but i dont think its right that they wont even look at it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.