Pip assessment!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am on pip and esa , I got a letter of ESA saying I'm now out of the support group and in the work capability one, I'm on these for anxiety and depression also self harm, I don't self harm anymore since I have ad a baby he's made me realise a lot of things, I have a meaning to be here now. My parents sort my post my shopping my bills etc.. If I go any were I'm either with them or friends. I'm due a pip assessment on 29th January do you think I'll get kicked off? Because I have ad a baby? And domt self harm. Also I'm due to get paid 2nd of February will I get that payment?.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Firstly your ESA. If the decision was made within the last month then you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) Before you do this i'd advice looking at the Support Group descriptors and seeing where you would qualify. Being placed in this group is about satisying at least one of the descriptors or reg 35. Reg 35 simply means there would be a risk to yourself or others if you were found fit for work. I'm guessing this was the reason you were placed in this group previously. As you're no long suicidal then they've decided WRAG this time. Please do take a look, but great news that you're no longer suicidal. Congratualtions on your new baby too.

For your PIP because they're 2 completly different benefits, with different criteria then it doesn't make a difference to your claim. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily.

You'll still recieve your payment on 2 Feb. Was your currect award give througha Tribunal or not?

The PIP assessment will be exactly like the first one. Did you send in more evidence to support your claim? When you go to the assessment make sure you answer all the questions with as much detail as possible, avoid just answering yes or no. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi,

I just typed a full page and it removed it for some odd reason. There were no links added, so i have no idea why it was removed to be moderated.

Anyway now to type it all again -.- Was your ESA decision within the last month? If so then you can ask for the MR. You have 1 month from the decision to ask for this. Before doing so then i'd advice looking at the descriptors for the Support Group. Being placed in this group isn't about scoring points. It's satisfying at least one of the descriptors or regulation 35. Regulation 35 mean a claimant would be at risk to theirself and others if they were found fit for work. I''m guessing with your medical history this was the reason you were place in the Support Group before. You can google the support group descriptors and have a look. Links can't be posted here.

PIP is completely different to ESA and this won't affect your PIP assessment. With your medical history improving it could mean you won't score as many points this time. Hopefully you've sent in evidence to support your claim.

Your money will still be paid next time. Was your current award given by the Tribunal? If so then it will end on the date on the decision letter, if a decision hasn't been made by then. If the award wasn't through Tribunal, your payments will continue until a decision is made. If your successful a new award date will be given. If you're refused then your money will stop  weeks after the decision.

During the assessment make sure you answer all those questions with as much detail as possible and avoid answering with just a yes or no.

Great news that your condition has improved slightly though. Congratulations on your new baby.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.