Pip assessment

Posted , 43 users are following.

Hi I have had my date for my assessment for pip I an really nervous . Does anyone know what happens and how long after they make a decision. Any advice much appreciated.

3 likes, 285 replies

285 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm so happy this is my pip experience.

27th July - contacted DWP.

11th September - returned the form (had an extension) received a text to say they had my form the next day.

23rd September - my appointment with atos.

26th September - text to say they had all info.

3rd October - text to say I've been awarded and I'll receive a letter with all details and payment.

• Posted

I guess you were one of the lucky ones

Mine has been !!!!

26th july review letter from DWP

31st July form returned to dwp

18th august text from DWP!!! We have all into needed

7th sept letter from atoms

11th sept Atos assessment

13th sept letter from DWP !!! We have all into needed to make a

desicion

29th sept letter from DWP dated 26th

We have all into needed to make desicion when we've made

a decision we will contact you,,, sorry its taken longer than expected

Haven't heard any more

When I had 1st assess July 2015 it was all sorted from start to finish

In two wks

Makes me think I'm not going to get it

Despite having 3therapists n a phyciatrist

Well done best wishes x

• Posted

As I posted earlier on here jayne, phone ATOS for a copy of your assesment. We did and knew our result withinn 1 week of the assesment.  Otherwse you can wait 2 months.. Phone number and details are on my posts from 2 days ago, You will then be able to work out your score.  It saves weeks of worrying.
    • Posted

Hi I rang capita today and all they would say was they have forwarded all the relevant details to DWP and I should hear within six to eight weeks.

Are capita and atos different in so much as one release's info and the other doesn't??

• Posted

Did you use the phone number that I posted ? 03458503327 Atos have to send you a copy if you request it, dont let them bluff you off.   It actually says on their paperwork you can request the copy.    Dont really know much about how Capita work

through. 

• Posted

Capita do NOT send out copies of the assessment report. You must contact the DWP and request a copy. It is unlikely that copies will be sent out by them before a decision is made. Normally you would request the documents after you receive your decision letter from the DWP in accordance with the notes attached to that letter.

Taken from Capita - PIP website:

Can I get a copy of the consultation report?

The report will be sent to the Department of Work and Pensions as soon as possible after your consultation and you can request a copy from them.

• Posted

Its ATOS you phone up for the assesment report. NOT DWP or Capita.   Its on the letter you get from ATOS telling you all about the forthcoming assesment that you recieve from them..   Its on the back under frequently asked questions.
    • Posted

I wasn't assessed by atos so no good me contacting them, they want have any info to send me so I will just wait and see.

• Posted

ATOS and CAPITA are two different companies. For PIP, ATOS cover some parts of Britain and CAPITA cover the rest - it is all down to where you live. ATOS and CAPITA have different ways of working. For example you are more likely to be assessed at home if it is a CAPITA area - ATOS don't like doing home assessments. 

?ATOS, as you say will send out a copy of the report - CAPITA don't - you get the report from the DWP.

• Posted

Wouldn't you think that all companies doing the assessment's would sing from the same song sheet, I find it weird that different parts of UK have different ways of doing things.

• Posted

It's quite normal in business/government circles not to release any information until it has been examined and decided upon.

?ATOS seem to want to let you see what the DWP will eventually see - why I don't know, but it isn't the normal way of doing things.

• Posted

I personally think its wrong that they pass on the info direct to applicant, considering DWP are supposed to be the ones making the decisions, its obviously not so whoever does assessment its there call.

That could put someone at risk if they refused PIP for whatever reason, staff at DWP are anonymous unlike Atos/Capita.

• Posted

Unfortunately anyone connected to the DWP have a policy of doing what the hell they want and get away with it.

?I'm still angry that the DWP can say that because of their own in-house problems with mail going missing for weeks, that it is down to the claimant to prove that it was delivered.

?By the time they 'find' the documents/letters the damage is done generally resulting in benefit applications being closed down.

• Posted

I would always advice anybody sending anything through post and worried about them saying they havent received, then for a cost of £1.74 you can add recorded delivery where it produces a signature which is proof of delivery and will leave the ball in there court.

• Posted

I know that now!! But when you send two letters with the right stamp on noth of them to the correct address you would expect one to arrive.

?Then if this is the way that the DP want to play it, why isn't there (a) a statement in their notes telling you to send it by RD and (b) to make it that much easier, why don't they prepay all government envelopes with RD prepaid?

?It just isn't right that they can say if it doesn't get there so the assumption they take is that it was never posted. Why should hard up benefit claimants have to pay out like this when the DWP must know that their system is a shambles

• Posted

This whole damn thing is really getting to me - their inefficient system of dealing with the post  is leaving us £300 a week worse off which can never now be recovered.

• Posted

My mother in law claimed attendance allowance when she was over 70 so you could apply for that, also if you and your wife are only getting £800 per month you are missing something because that's well below the allocated income for a couple your age.

• Posted

Thanks. My wife is 73 next month and I am 68. I claimed Attendance Allowance, filled the form in, had a face to face assessment at home and was told some weeks later that I do not have sufficient difficulties/needs, day or night that would make me qualify.

?Our actual income is about £239 a week. I have checked everything out on the Turn2us website and because I don't now get any disability based benefit (DLA/PIP/AA) we can't claim any of the disability premiums to get us back onto Pension Credit.

?Pension Credit used to pay the main part of the mortgage interest (£196 every 4 weeks) plus we used to get all of our Council Tax refunded. Now we have to pay the whole of the mortgage interest of £261 every 4 weeks and get no reduction in our Council Tax (£115 every 4 weeks).

?According to the Turn2us website it says that if our income was under £237 a week, then Pension Credit would start up again, they would pay the mortgage interest and we would get 100% reduction of the Council Tax. I even asked the DWP if I was to cancel some income to re-qualify and they told me that that would be illegal.

• Posted

I'm 63 partner 67, we get approximately 1300 per month and small amount of HB and council tax so I'm really puzzled why you get so little,no pip yet

• Posted

If your joint income is £239 a week you should be getting a huge council tax rebate !!!!

• Posted

A pensioner couple would only get a 100% reduction in Council Tax if their income was below £237 a week.

?Ours is £239 + my wife's Attendance Allowance which goes on providing carers for her.

?As for getting a huge rebate from the council I don't know where you would get that idea from? Up until earlier this year we didn't have to pay any Council Tax due to receiving Guaranteed Pension Credit. That ceased when they shut down the PIP transfer and all of my DLA.

?We now pay the full Council Tax as I have no intention of getting involved in making anymore benefit/welfare claims given the years of bad experiences we have had. 

• Posted

Sorry led, but if you haven't claimed it and have no intention of claiming it you can't really moan about it, there are guidelines that stand for everyone regarding household income, this is law and cannot be refused no matter how much the DWP etc hate you, so if your entitled to it claim it, if your that underpaid then why would you not??

• Posted

I seem to remember back in 2009 after I had failed to renew my DLA  back in 2004 due to being seriously ill, that a welfare rights guy from Social Services (another department that I saw as continually interfering in my life) said the same thing. He promised that I would not have the same problems again with the DWP. I lost 5 years of my life what with the psychiatric drugs I was on, the numerous hospital admissions for Chronic Pancreatitis (alcohol abuse) up and down the country from Kent to London then to Liverpool and then being sectioned. Eventually he got me back on the benefit but despite his promises I still went through hell having an horrific face to face assessment.

Nothing changed after 2009, I had further DLA re-assessments and also an assessment to restart of my IIDB claim in 2011 which had also stopped due to failure to appeal in 2004 against a wrong decision. 

?After the episode with the DLA/PIP saga and the recent AA refusal, I have lost all faith in the system.I am fed up with having to keep proving myself, fed up with 'lies' being said about me following face to face assessments and fed up of being made to feel that I am trying to scam the system. Sorry but I have had enough. There is only so much that I can cope with.

?So if we eventually go under so be it - I've gone past caring.

• Posted

But Les,  its no use complaing on a public forumn about the system won't give you any council tax rebate when now you are saying that you are to fed up to claim it.   I appreciate you have had bad experiences with the system but you seriously need to get that chip of your shoulder.  Your posts saying about a joint income of £238 per week does not get you any rebate is misleading. . 

• Posted

Also if as you say £237 gets you a 100% rebate by your own admission, then dont you think that simply being £2 over the limit you would still get a 99% reduction, it wouldn't just stop simply because you were £2 over !!!. 

• Posted

I'm not complaining just pointing out that with Pension Credit everything else was automatically awarded - Council Tax Support & help with the mortgage interest. Also with Pension Credit you are not required to notify the DWP or the Council if your savings, income etc increased.

?What I have said and surely you must understand that there comes a time that after 18 face to face assessments, 16 appeals, countless forms and the grief that I have had to endure over the past 21 years is enough to put anybody off doing more of the same. I have been tipped over the edge following the Attendance Allowance shenanigan.

?There is no chip, I am just tired, fed up and have no more patience to start a new round of claim forms.

?Actually I have been there with this same problem in the past following the time when they suspended then closed the earlier Pension Credit claim. It was a nightmare. I had to fill in two application forms (they lost the first one) and three visits later by the council to collect different bits of evidence. Then having to tell them everytime that my income changed or I got a new benefit providing still more evidence. It all ended up at a Tribunal hearing after neither of us could agree how the back dated IIDB monies should be treated.

?I know I would get maybe 98% of the Council Tax reduced to nil but at what cost to my health and mental stability?

• Posted

Just to finish off, I am not alone, amongst other over 65 ers. This group is the least likely to claim benefits. Recent government figures show that this particular age group alone fail to claim (Council Tax Support, Housing Benefit or Pension Credit) a total of £5.5bn a year, every year.

• Posted

You are so right that's y it has taken me 16 year of the doctor saying u have to go on the sick . Me been me c'not do with the paperwork. I have been forced to go on pip by the doctor. It needs to change people are getting bad with it and making tpeople really ill

• Posted

No one can make you do anything and that includes your GP.

?I agree, the system has failed me and it is failing many 1,000's of others.

Making yourself worse by fighting the DWP is not right.

?That is why I know when I am beaten and my sanity means more than money.

• Posted

Hi less59996 there arent many things regarding esa and pip you dont know the answer to so heres one for you.

I received an email today regarding the esa and pip and the fact that esa are considering not reassesing claims that are claiming pip and dla.

It states as far as i can gather that esa claimants who are do to be reassesed after 2017 may not have to have a reassesment if they are getting higher rate of pip and dla.

Although this does not include pip and those on pip will still have to be reassesed.

Have you heard if this is true or not.

• Posted

Yes you are right although the finer points have to be ironed out by the DWP.

Damien Green MP made the following statement last Monday:

... This change will apply to people who have already been placed in the ESA Support Group or UC Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity categories following a WCA and who have the most severe health conditions and disabilities (defined as claimants with severe, lifelong, often progressive and incurable conditions, with minimally fluctuating care needs, who are unlikely to ever be able to move closer to the labour market and into work). The IT changes needed are expected to be completed by the end of 2017. In the meantime, we will be working to ensure these people are not reassessed unnecessarily.

Over the coming months we will work with key stakeholders, including disabled people, disability charities, our health assessment provider, the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, medical professionals and others to develop a set of criteria, set out in guidance, to switch off reassessments for those that are eligible.

?In a nutshell if you are in the SG of ESA AND you have one of the relevant conditions (the DWP will issue that info in the future) then you will not need to be re-assessed in the same way as you have in the past.

?PIP/DLA has nothing to do with it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.