PIP assessment

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had my PIP assessment 3 weeks ago still waiting to hear what the out come is how long have others had to wait ? And did you get any idea when have the assessment if you would be awarded it ?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina

you should hear any day now. Mine was about 2-4 weeks after my assessment, but no they gave me no idea at the assessment as to what the outcome would be.

hope you hear soon, if not you could try phoning them.

• Posted

Hi tina,had my assessement on the 14th feb 2016 heard two weeks, my backdated money for middle living component and standard mobilty was in my account within 3 working days . the whole process took 7 weeks .

• Posted

May I ask what a pip assessment is please?
    • Posted

Personnel independent payment worth looking up to see if you are able make a claim for this allowance
  • Posted

What did your assessment consist of please ? 
    • Posted

If you google it you can get all information you will need from phone number to contact and get firms to fill out once you have sent forms back with any medical notes medication info etc you can give you will be given a date for assessment then it's a waiting game to find out if you have been awarded or not it's important to fill out the form answering the questions when you are at your worse make sure someone takes you to the interview and again answer questions to how you are at your worst the more information you can gather from your GP etc the better if you need help filling out your form you can ring independent living and they run sessions to help with firm filling but the website will give you all the information you will need to get started good luck
    • Posted

Thank you so much Tina for all the information!
  • Posted

Hi Tina I had to wait a month before hearing from the dwp. you should hear something very soon. The assessors dont know if you will be awarded it or not, as its the dwp that decide whether you get it or not. 

• Posted

I had a text today to say I have been allocated PIP didn't say how much but I presume it will be the lowest rate hopefully I'll get a letter tomorrow with full details
    • Posted

Thats good news tina so pleased for you. smile
  • Posted

Hi,

I waited about two and a half weeks..so you should hear soon !!!

Good Luck!

Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.