Pip assessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I won my appeal back in January of this year...IV just been for my pre assessment in June of this year....but my condition has changed dramatically... IV since had two major strokes and had vascular surgery on my main artery in my neck as the left one is totally blocked and the right one was 70% blocked..after my two strokes it has left me with no feeling what so ever in my right leg n a weak right arm....my assessment went well n she told me that there's a lot of drastic changes since I won my appeal...but the appeal was only up to December of this year...I have been advised I should be in a support group for ESA...but when I spoke to the lady on the phone she was very rude to me...saying I have to request Togo into support group.....does anyone know when iwill receive a decision on my pip assessment... I have had a txt message last week from DWP saying they have got all the information on my pip claim...so now I'm just waiting....this is stressful....

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am waiting for my PIP results too - I had my assessment on 23rd June and received a text like yours on 24th June.  The nurse who assessed me said decisions were taking around 6 weeks or more at the moment!

Good luck!

• Posted

hi Jackie.

you said in your post you were ADVISED you should be in support group.but who advised you of that.you sound to me you should be in support group.i believe the pip waiting time is round the 10-14 days waiting time,but can be at discretion of the person dealing with the claim.stay cool.no easier said than done.take care.

• Posted

I am currently in a work related group ESA...a lady at the job centre has advised me ishould be in a support group for ESA....I have lots of paperwork to support my claim...I have just start physiotherapy at my local rehabilitation hospital...
    • Posted

But that is going to be a very long process....I'm also going to have speech the too...as it's affecting my speech as I'm slurring my words too

• Posted

I received the same text as you yesterday. I was told its usually a month after that text you get your desicion.

Im just keeping it in my head i havent got it then its good news if you have x

Good luck x

• Posted

The waiting is a killer though - I am sure my postie thinks I am stalking him as he seeing me looking out the window for him every morning!
    • Posted

I know it is horrible if I don't get it I will be appealing against their decision again....

• Posted

I think it is terrible that so many people are being truned down for PIP.  They published their latest statistics in June this year:

The latest personal independence payment figures released by the DWP this week show a fall in success rates across the board. The percentage of new claimants who get an award of any sort currently stands at 42%, while 70% of disability living allowance to PIP reassessment claimants get an award.

PIP award rates

Overall the percentage of PIP fresh claims, excluding terminal illness, which have resulted in an award of any sort is 47%.

However, this has fallen dramatically from a high of 62% in March 2014 to the current rate of 42% in April 2016.

Overall, the percentage of DLA to PIP reassessments, excluding terminal illness, which have resulted in an award of any sort is 72%.

Award rates were at their highest, at 80%, in March 2014 but had fallen to 70% in April 2016.

Award components

For claims excluding terminal illness, of those who received an award:

37% received daily living only

7% received mobility only

56% received both

54% received a component at the enhanced rate

21% received both components at the enhanced rate

35% of those with an award received it because of ‘Psychiatric disorders’ (which includes ‘Mixed anxiety and depressive disorders’ and ‘Mood disorders’) as the primary disability condition

20% of those with an award received it because of ‘Musculoskeletal disease (general)’ (which includes ‘Osteoarthritis’) as the primary disability condition.

PIP to DLA reassessment components

Of those DLA claimants who got an award when reassessed for PIP:

173,300 (66%) received an award at the enhanced rate.

87,100 (33%) received the highest level of award i.e. both enhanced rate for daily living and enhanced rate for mobility.

• Posted

PIP was fast becoming an embarrassment for the government. Far too many awards were being given and far too many appeals were going in favour of the claimant.At the rate it was going the government were not going to be able to meet the 20% target saving over the DLA budget. I remember seeing a forecast of no more than a 5% saving BEFORE appeal costs were taken into account.

They took action to reduce the appeal success rate by spending £millions on new 'prosecuting' officers to try to win over Tribunal thinking.

As for the rest - they are simply tightening up on every bit of the qualifying criteria as well as wanting to change the goal posts (Aids) and possibly increase the thresholds from 8 to 12 and 12 to 15 points.

The government will not want to have to produce data that does not show savings of at least 20% it would be political suicide following on from the UC situation.

• Posted

hi TCAKE.

blimey! where have all those facts and figures come from?are you a double agent?

must admit I've been in 2 minds whether apply for pip.now I think I will.

all the best ivan.

• Posted

hi Les.

you said earlier it would be political suicide if figures weren't showing savings of 20% on pip.why would that be?but 20% of what.and where does it come into it?are they thinking of scrapping it do you think?

ivan.

• Posted

I got enhanced rate for ever day living but standard rate for nobility.... When I was awarded my pip I was waiting for my MRI scan results to come through....to be told that I had a Tia...then I was rushed into hospital and had to have my main artery in my neck operated on...I was seriously ill...I died twice on the operating table...n then my blood pressure was seriously low...and my organs in my body was shutting down...but now I'm disabled from the waist down on my right side of my body....I have mental health issues too...which pip knew about...so do you think Les I am one of those people that shouldn't get it....and I will appeal again and get Warwickshire welfare rights involved....also Katie price has got it and she has thousands of pounds....for her disabled son...

• Posted

It's all to do with Osborne's credible plan to reduce the country's debt.

PIP was signalled as a way of saving money - nothing else. He demanded that the reform will save 20% of what was being paid out under DLA.. In terms of money, the government were paying out £13bn a year - the government wanted to save £2.6bn a year - hence the PIP budget was set at £10.4bn a year

Months ago it was a given that if the PIP award levels and appeal successes continued as they were the savings would come out at £0.65bn a drop of £1.95bn. And that is before taking into account the extra costs of the appeal hearings!

The government could not let this continue as it would make them look idiots in that they could not keep to their word.

Osbourne could not be seen to be not in control. His reputation must remain solid at all times

Hence why the award rates had to fall. The actions I mentioned are now in place or are being decided upon so that the success rate does fall. Only recently it was suggested also that anybody that wanted to appeal would have to fund the appeal Tribunal costs themselves and not expect the taxpayers to pay them. That would be one sure way of controlling appeal awards - the claimant having to pay a fee of say £500 up front if they wanted to appeal! 

• Posted

Of course you should get enhanced both and I hope you do!  If you don't then I would defo appeal! Good luck x

• Posted

I understand that Les but where does UC come into it.
    • Posted

I wondered if les59996 worked for dwp lol
    • Posted

Thank-you t cake....I have worked all my life n haven't been unemployed what so ever ...Well the Tory's hasn't done much for our country anyhow...if they want to save money they should have a cut in their wages never mind cutting back on the needy and the disabled people...this government is a total joke..tbh

• Posted

No and never have, although I was offered a post on promotion back in 1968 to the Ministry of Pensions & National Insurance which I turned down!

Even in those days the MPNI (later to become the DHSS) was a bad career move - no one wanted to work there. 

I used to work at HMRC and the Insolvency Service + in outside industry/profession.

• Posted

Where does UC come into it??

This was trumpetted as the break through towards a modern welfare system. It would save the country £millions in admin costs and make it much easier to claim instead of all of the separate benefits.

So far it is way beyond the start date to go national and the costs keep on rising. It was set up to save money - so far it has cost £millions AND it is still in test mode!!

If you listen to the DWP - they will have you believe that the system and cost is on target - what target you may ask - errr the one that we revised last week came the answer!

It is one big whie elephant and no one has the guts to say that it is a massive mistake.

• Posted

They will make cuts where (a) the greatest public pressure is (welfare scroungers) and (b) where they know that they either don't bother to vote or would vote Labour (Welfare claimants).

Let's be honest do you actually believe that those on Welfare have a voice to make a difference? They may well win a battle or two with the backing of some do gooder supporting them, but would they win the war on getting a government to reverse the Welfare Reform Policy?

• Posted

Not everyone is a welfare scrounger....n I voted to join labour cus this government has caused so much trouble...is the oaps tghey fought two world wars to give us what we have now...its David Cameron who is the joke....oooh Les did u vote tory by any chance?.....all their bothered about is feeding the rich oaps not the poor....I'm working class...n proud....but other people who get this pip r acholic.. They say it's a disease really? I know this for a fact as a guy who lives opposite to me he is a alcoholic n he proudly boast to me that's what he gets it for...to feed it's habit

• Posted

well said and I completely agree - I'm a Labour supported - cannot stand Cameron!

• Posted

I'm sorry Les.but the only thing I've got to say is come back lord Dutch.alls forgiven....he was my father once you know.

• Posted

Hi les59996. If a fee was agreed upon it would not be worth fighting a claim that was taken away, such as standard mobility. (the lowest award) maybe. What they would do with the fee is give it to the assessors to think up more scams as bonus payments. Ye. Ta
    • Posted

Sorry but you are way off. CAPITA/ATOS/MAXIMUS do not think up scams nor do they get paid extra for failing anybody.

They are directed by the DWP on how to assess people. The DWP have their own version of what the regulations say or should say. You will never win if you attempt to challenge the way they interpret the law - it is biased in favour of the DWP. You have to argue using only the regulations as passed by government to get anywhere. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.