Pip assessment

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

can anyone tell me that if you get a decent report from the health proffessional , she ticked all the descriptors that I thought I should get, it looks like 14 for care and 12 for mobility going by what is on the internet about the points system.

Does the decision maker usually go by the assessment  report or can they decide against it and not award you pip ?

I would appreciate it if anybody knows they could tell me as it is taking a long time for the dwp to make a decision or is a month after the assessment not bad?

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi have you heard anything yet this wait is horrid
    • Posted

Hi 

It took 8 weeks for a decision for me , but you can ask for your assessment report in the meantime, I got that after 3 weeks so at least I kind of knew what I would be getting.

Good luck with it its an awful time all the waiting.

• Posted

Got my copy today nothing like I said at medical. Apparently can walk over 250 meters even though I have to stop every 5 mins. Don't drive car husband takes me they stated went to apo myself so guess not going to get this but am phoning on Monday will then be appealing feel totally sick

• Posted

Hi fiona

so sorry it hasn't gone well for you I have heard that a lot of the assessors lie and it seems you have been unlucky, I feel for you I can't help you with the appeal but I'm sure someone on here will be able to.

• Posted

The report is only an opinion of what the assessor thinks/believes. You could tell them anything but do you seriously expect them to believe all you say?

?You could say that you don't drive. Doesn't matter; if the assessor through watching your body laguage and answers that you give throughout the assessment make the assessor believe that you COULD drive, even if you don't - then they will report that it is their opinion that you can drive and get to the assessment on your own. Your job now is showing that you can't drive, why and producing evidence supporting your statement.

• Posted

I'm going to ring up for my report on Monday....i got on really well with my assessor but who knows what he put...also he was a trained nurse as I am too we chatted about how the job is heavy and he sad it was sad to be in my state at my age after 22 years doing the job!!...i had an answer for everything and i just hope I done enough 😏

• Posted

So did I asked how I managed money so said husband has every thing on dd so they stated I manage my money
    • Posted

I don't understand how being able to do online banking goes against ppl...we are not thick people!...just because I can bank online doesn't mean I'm not in pain everyday or that I can walk without my hip dislocating 😏 I'm definitely ringing for mine

• Posted

If your husband was in with you at the assessment how can they say you was on your own and did they see you walk far?
    • Posted

It's to do with the budgeting question, but I don't see how Fiona can manage her finances if her husband has to do it all for her it doesn't make sense.

• Posted

The assessor may well have the opinion that notwithstanding what was said, she could if she wanted to deal with online banking - she chooses not to.
    • Posted

I meant I do online banking...it doesn't make my pain any less...i think some of the questions are not aimed at your disability or how much pain you have

• Posted

The question is nothing to do with being in pain , I'm in constant pain but I am quite able to manage my own finances.

If Fiona has said that she can not manage her own finances , not that she just doesn't want to , and her husband has to do it for her , that is what doesn't make sense , is the assessor calling her a liar?

• Posted

Its seems to be the case ...im all new to this...i was honest with him and thought with all my evidence and the fact he stopped me after 2 steps with my frame I was thinking it had gone okay...its just after reading the comments people put about how they are treated by DWP and Atos ...im worrying now 😌

• Posted

Most of my problems are physical and I had a lovely assessor, a nurse,  she was very sympathetic and pleasant and when I got the report she had recommended I get enhanced on both components .

So just to say they are not all bad.

• Posted

Also Good luck Deborah hope it all works out for you , let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

I'm hoping to good news...hope you get your award too...I rang them and she said id get a decision in 2 weeks possibly sooner 😊

• Posted

Thanks but I got my PIP a month or so ago , I just like to look on here now and again to see if I can help in any way or just give support .

I know what it's like when you are going through all this it's a nightmare.

• Posted

It certainly is....its not enough the pain your in but having to jump through hoops to get what you deserve 😌

• Posted

Fiona - did you state that you have to stop every 5 minutes?  Are you very slow  when you do walk?  Unless you're very slow then walking over 250 metres in 5 minutes seems reasonable.  If you are very slow then you might be better focussing on the reliability criteria.

I'm not clear from what you've written whether the assessor has just given an opinion that you don't agree with or whether they've lied.  The way you've written on here you've stated what you don't do and what your husband does do but you've not said that you can't do it or why.  

I realise you've only just got the report and your'e clearly quite shocked by it and still upset.  When you've had time to take it in you might find that people here will be able give you some advice to help with a MR/appeal, if needed, if you post more detail about your difficulties.  Specifically how you explained them on your form and in the assessment and how the assessor has reported (or possibly twisted) your answers.

• Posted

It does make sense. The assessor may have a different view on it despite what the claimant says. The assessor can have an opinion that is at odds to what they are told. It's all about what the assessor thinks and believes.

?I could say that I can't walk more than 20 metres. The assessor may have a different opinion and state that I can walk up to 200 metres! The assessor will put what they believe and think in the report not what the claimant says.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.