PIP assessment

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I have recently been for a PIP assessment only 3 days ago I have also received a text saying that they have received my assessment and will let me know I was wondering how long people have had to wait for decision and how long to wait for a refund for their fares to get to and from the assessment office it's just to put my kind at rest so I'm not worrying about how long I have to wait it gives me a rough idea thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Decisions are taking 8-10 weeks at the mo, though I have heard that people transferring from DLA to PIP, it is taking 17 weeks due to a backlog!  I received my taxi fares back via bank transfer 14 days following my ATOS assessment.
  • Posted

Hi Kerry,

the doctor that did my assessment told me that I should hear within 6 - 8 weeks, that will be 3 weeks this Tuesday.  I did request a copy of the report, which arrived 10 days later.    I didn't claim for travel as the place I went to was only a couple of miles away by car. 

• Posted

I went for mine about 8 weeks ago now still waiting to hear...had my milage from them within 7 days or less...good luck kerry
  • Posted

Well I went in on the Monday by Tuesday I already had a text saying they'd received enough information to make a decision and around 3 weeks later (now will be 4th week, this was last week) I phoned up and they told me it was been disallowed (I'm MR and appealing it) now my decision letter has finally come but they aren't sending out assessment reports. I'd keep an eye out for anything suspicious and definitely prepare. Ridiculous.

• Posted

You need a copy of the assessment report to help with your MR/appeal.  The DWP are obliged to send you a copy if you request one. Get back onto them and ask for one to be sent ASAP and keep nagging them because they have been known to stall until you run out of time to submit a mandatory consideration.  It is your right to see your report and they cannot refuse to send a copy.
    • Posted

There is a lot of talk/comments at the moment as to whether the DWP are actually required to send a copy of the assessor's report along with the supporting documents the DWP have completed. It seems a bit patchy as to where you live if you do get the report.

Having mentioned that there are regulations supporting the entitlement (prior to the appeal bundle being sent out) could you point me/us to them please?

I am havind extreme difficulty in finding such a regulation.

• Posted

Hi Les. I don't know where you'd find them now because this goes right back to the consultation before the Introduction of PIP.  The final draft stated that all claimants had an entitlement to see their assessment report, but that the DWP were not obliged to send one automatically - you have to request it.  Once you make that request they should oblige and if you are making an MR or appeal they should send it in good time for you to do this.  They should also send any other information used to make the decision, but again, you have to request it.  I think it also appears in the Welfare Reform Act.  I'll have a dig and see if I can find anything concrete.

• Posted

It's worth noting that the DWP only send you out a redacted version of your assessment (for your own good they want you to believe) You'll notice a page number missing or two. The health professional marks these pages "harmful" so you don't get to see them. This is where they make up a load of rubbish about you, sneaky I know. If you go tribunal ask to see their copy of your assement you get the unredacted version. All in the name of the good of the patients of course. The truth comes out in the end though.

• Posted

Hi Kerry

Ive been nearly 8 weeks now from assessment and I have also heard it is taking 17 weeks ,but I hoped that wasn't the case.

Im not sure if the people in the north are waiting longer than in the south so it's like the length of string thing nobody can say how long really.

• Posted

No idea, but here in the south they are inviting those over 65 to claim PIP in large numbers. This started in June 2015. My invite came through at the end of last year (Dec) and by early March this year they had taken my DLA award off me - 10 weeks from start to finish.
    • Posted

Yes, but you did not apply for PIP Les. Your DLA award would have stopped as soon as the time limit for making a PiP claim had run out.  This is a lot sooner than the average wait for a PIP decision.  I'm in the North and I Know people who were assessed three months ago and are still awaiting a decision. Same applies for ESA reassessments.

• Posted

Hi pam and I am not being picky, but as far as the regulations go, I did everything in my power to be transferred. If the sending of the two letters requesting a PIP1 within the 1 month allowed was in any deficient then I just don't know what else I could have done to comply given that I was exercising my right to fill in a PIP1 instead of having an unrecorded telephone conversation.

• Posted

I would agree with that Les, just sorry it went so far as to stop any claim for PIP.  You should have made a formal complaint to DWP, but I agree with your previous comments, that you eventually get to a stage when you think why bother ? Once the DWP have made a decision they stick to it like glue. I've seen several very competent MR requests shot down in flames by the DWP, and yet the claimants have all subsequently been successful at tribunal, presenting much the same evidence.  It's costing a fortune to the tax payer and makes a mockery of introducing PIP as a cheaper alternative to DLA.

• Posted

What's the bets that the decisions are now taking longer due to a consultation the DWP and decision makers had on too many disabled people quality for the benefit. Who cares what the decision maker says anyway as 60% of the time they are wrong. I can see a backlog of tribunals starting from John O'groats and ending in Lands End. They should be called BDM (bad decision makers) not DM or perhaps better still (FPRDM) forty percent right decision makers. With these sorts of figures alarm bells should be ringing out very loudly at the DWP HQ.

• Posted

Hi Kerry,

I can only assume different areas of the country have different lead times. I applied for PIP on 6th June 2016 and had my at home assessment on 24th . On 29th received a text saying the DWP had received my paperwork and my decision letter arrived a couple of days later. On 6th July I received my first payment. Unfortunately I did not agree with the award and have requested MR. Hope this gives you hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.