PIP Assessment

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well, I had my PIP assessment yesterday (30th Dec). It seemed to go very well. I say "seemed" because of the feedback other claimants have left on various forums, where they say the assessor was extremely nice only to find out when they get a copy of the report that the assessor has lied. 

She was cheerful, pleasant to speak to and she was quite happy for my son to take notes. She also came across as professional in the way she conducted the interview. She said the interview would take around 30-40 minutes.

She went over my illness, medication and hospital appointments first. Then I got the typical day question. I told her as much as I could without waffling which was difficult because I was so tired after the 40 minute trip and the usual bad night that my brain felt like fudge!. I sometimes forgot things and my son prompted me a couple of times but the surprising thing is she prompted me a couple of times as well! She could see how tired I was and my son got the distinct impression she was trying to help me. He also said I looked really ill and grey (not surprising). I think it may help if you actually do look ill on the day! 

After that she basically went through my form by asking all the questions in it. I answered as well as I could and kept it short most of the time. It wasn't hard for me to remember most of it, especially the important parts because I live it most days. 

She asked me how I got there, who drove and how long it took. After a few more questions and just as I was getting uncomfortable and starting to squirm in my seat, she said that was all she needed and we would hear within 8 weeks. If we hadn't heard anything after 6 weeks, she said to phone and find out the result.

I've been advised by other people to get a copy of the report asap just in case it goes to an MR. So even though it went well, I am preparing for the worst and will phone on Monday for a copy!

It's the waiting game now....

Anybody else had theirs? If you have, what was your assessment like?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I had my pip assessment on the 3rd January I'm still waiting on the decision.

I requested my medical report back I received this last weekend and it's like I was never in the room while the lady was conducting the assessment!

She has twisted what I said and added her own version.

I would suggest you get the Health report just so you can back yourself up if you have to appeal the decision.

I'm waiting for a call from welfare rights to advise me what to do with the information on the health report as it is not true.

• Posted

I had mine 6/11/17 my first claim, I thought it went well and lady was very nice. Quests what it did I was awarded standard rate care and I'm happy and also amazed. Got DWP letter after 3 weeks and back pyramid in my account. No complaint at all so good luck to you 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.