Pip assessment

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there.

Just wondered how long everyone waited for there results off there PIP assessment. We had one yesterday and just wondered how long we were looking at waiting?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn I waited about 6 weeks from home visit to getting the letter....good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi,

​It was about 2 to 3 weeks when i received a text on mobile stating i had been successful then about 4-6 weeks to receive a payment. I am sure they vary but this is what happened for me

• Posted

I had the PIP assessment a week ago and the assessor told me I could wait up to 8 weeks before I got the results.  I have read that you can request a copy of the assessment 2 days after the assessment and it will take two days to arrive.  That way once you have a copy of the assessors results you will know one way or the other if you have been successful.
    • Posted

You can ask for a copy of the assessment report anytime after the assessment but they'll only send you a copy once they've recieved both copies. Post from DWP generally takes about 7 days not 2 days.

• Posted

Times vary depending on where in the country you are. Some wait 2 weeks while others week 8 or more.
  • Posted

For me 2 weeks from assessment, 4 weeks in total so different I think depending on lots of things, how much info you sent in, whether its first application etc
  • Posted

I had my assessent 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Was told at the assessment that it would take up to 8 weeks but if I hadn't heard in 6 weeks to get in touch with them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.