Pip assessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi every one,after having your pip assessment how long did it take for a desission?i only waited two weeks from my forms going in till my home visit.this is my second time iv claimed received 3 years last time,before I had to reapply.its so stressful having to wait ,or is it just me? Xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI Karen,

So a PIP review yes? My review took 4 days from assessment to decision. It really depends on the decision maker and if there's a backlog. To be honest there's no difference to the first time you waited. You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report. Hopefully it won't be much longer now. Yes it's very stressful. Goodluck.

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I got a decision for my sons pip five weeks after the home visit from capita.

The lady that did his assessment said that they are usually quite quick and the norm is 4-8 weeks.

Good luck,

Dawn.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.