PIP ASSESSMENT

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI I AM NEW TO THE GROUP AND WOULD LIKE A BIT OF ADVICE. I HAVE JUST HAD THE NEWS THAT I WILL BE RECEIVING A HOMME VISIT FOR MY PIP ASSESSMENT. IM SURPRISED THAT THEY AGREED AS I DID NOT SEND IN A LETTER I JUST TOLD THEM I DO NOT SEE MY DOCTOR AND I ONLY HAVE TELEPHONE CONSOLTATIONS. I ALSO STATED THAT THEY SHOULD CHECK THE REPORT FROM MY ESA ASSESMENT AS THAT TIME THEY MADE ME GO TO A FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENT AND I WAS THAT DISTRESSED AND IN SO MUCH PAIN THAT IT TOOK ME 2 DAYS TO RECOVER. SO IM GUESSING THIS IS WHAT THEY DID. ALSO I HAVE READ ELSEWHERE THAT THEY CAN REFER TO YOUR ESA CLAIM FORM TO HELP WITH DESCIONS IS THAT TRUE ? I WOULD LOVE ANY FEEDBACK FROM ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A HOME VISIT TO WHAT I CAN ACCEPT. MY CONCERN IS MY CARER MIGHT NOT BE HERE AND IM ON MY OWN AND THAT THEY DO NOT PUT THE TRUTH. CAN I ASK TO SEE WHAT SHE HAS WRITTEN ? I ALSO AM NOT GOING TO TAKE ANY MEDS BEFORE MY VISIT SO THAT I CAN BE SOME WHAT COHERRANT AS WITH THEM I CANNOT STAY AWAKE !

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WELCOMED

MANY THANKS

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Didn't have a home visit but my f2f for esa was a disaster fire alarm went off so stood out side for about 40mins and the person doing it was only about 25 knows nothing about my had letters from diff medical experts and say got not 1 point the reason was I canget up in the morning and wash my face

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I haven't had a home assessment but i read it's pretty much the same as any other PIP assessment but obviously in your home instead. They will ask you questions relating to what your wrote on the form. Having a read of this beforehand to help remind you is a good idea, hopefully you kept a copy. When you answer those questions don't just answer with a yes or no. You'll need to explain everything in detail. The more detail the better. If you have mobility issues they will ask you to do some physical things like bend down, lift your legs up etc. If you have difficulties with dressing/undressing they will ask you to life your arms up and/or put them behind your back. If you can't do anything they ask you to do then please tell them and why. If you have extra evidence have this ready to give them when they arrive. Don't wait for them to gather this as they often don't. You'll be watched from the minute they arrive to when they leave. No they won't look at your ESA evidence because they're totally different benefits with different criteria. You can ask for a copy of the assessment report a couple of days later by ringing PIP. Once they have both copies they'll send you one.

Also could you please turn caps off as it makes it rather difficult to read, sorry. Good luck with assessment and do let us know the outcome smile

• Posted

Thanks for the advice i just hope i don't freeze up when they get here cry. Have not had a date as yet but i will update you all when i do and also when i have a desicion wink

• Posted

Anytime. It's a very stressful time where ever the assessment is held. I've heard home assessment are a little less stressful as it's in your own surroundings. Try not to let it stress you too much, difficult i know. There's so much advice available out there on the internet about these assessments. Also if possible try to have someone with you while they're doing the assessment.

• Posted

Hi Denise i norally have a carer with e for most of the days. However it depends when they come as she has kids and is also a care for another 4 people so may just be the wrong time. I am just going to have to grin and bear it cheesygrin

• Posted

Hello Michelle, I am not sure if it would be a good thing not to take your meds before the visit. If you can have someone with you while you are having the visit then all the better. I had a home visit & took the meds I am prescribed by the doctor.  I did nod off a few times during the visit but that is the norm for me due the the medication I have to take.  Me nodding off did not seem to cause any problems for the assessor & it let her see what my day to day life is like.  Good luck.   lol

• Posted

Hi Mary my concerns are that if i take my meds that they will suspend the assesment or write a load of rubbish ! The thing is i am on 28 tabs a day so i am constantly medicated but when i take the 8 tabs i have to take in the morning they make me so drowsy i mumble and drool not a good look ! Its like im drunk so i do not want the assessor to think that lol. Although i will be in excruuiating pain i would rather that and tell them that i am in pain when they arrive and explain why. I did this when i went to my assesment for ESA and they awarded me 3yrs. However on the down side it took me 2 days to recover from the stress and pain of the travelling. Hopefully i won't be in such a state this time as i will be at home. Still nervous mind neutral

• Posted

Also Mary would you happen to know anything abouut ESA ? I was awarded it for 3 yrs in April 2014 does that mean it goes through the full 3 yrs so up for renewal in 2018 ????
    • Posted

HI Michelle,

3 years is the max amount of time anyone can have so if you were awarded 3 years in April 2014 they should contact you soon because your award would be due for renewal this year 2017. I had my renewal for PIP and ESA last July. They both came together almost. Had paper based decision for ESA and another assessment for PIP.

• Posted

Hello Michelle, I don't know a great deal about ESA.  Sorry.  rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Denise oh great thats another worry lol. Bloody goverment need to go and pick on the real criminals twisted

• Posted

Sorry to be bearer of bad news rolleyes and yup totally agree. I sent the same evidence as i did for PIP was so happey when i had paper based decision which was to keep me in support group, even if it was for just 1 year rolleyes

• Posted

Hi. Not sure if PIP has anything to do with ESA. But in my ESA assessment i was asked if i was getting PIP.  Concerning you"re home visit, they can tell fibs if there is someone there with you or not. For eg, in my home assessment the assessor said, " this is the part most people don"t like: I have to ask you to do some movements, but there is no need to, my time here is up: On here report it stated i (refused) to do any movements.Hope it goes OK for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.