pip assessment

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I had my pip assessment yesterday I think it went ok but you never know.Just glad it is over with. Can try and relax now until decision.Does anyone know decision waiting time.Good luck to anyone having their pip assessments.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi mine was 3 weeks money went in my bank the day before i recieved the decision letter .good luck
    • Posted

Thanks for that Caroline hopefully not to long then.
    • Posted

with my PIP review i waited just 5 days for the decision. The first time i waited 2 weeks. As others have said it really does depend on your area. In the meantime you could ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this may give you some idea on what the decision may be. Some don't like to do this but if the decision doens't go in your favour then at least you'll have the report if you need to ask for that MR. Good luck and do let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Thanks for that will asking for copy of assessment report affect the outcome of decision.I will let you know how I get on.Hopefuuly decision quick like yours.smile

• Posted

Anything between 2 to 6 weeks depending on the caseloads  the decision makers have in your area
    • Posted

Thank youfor reply  not as long as waiting for a pip assessment then.
    • Posted

Yes l have  waited thus 7 weeks near on so far since l sent the PIP claim form in and l have not had any correspondence of any sort yet.
    • Posted

Pip got my forms back on January 13th so what I done then was call them every week to get a  cancellation appointment near me which is how I got my assessment yesterday.So please call them if need be just to see how it is going.Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Pau

As others have commented the waiting time to receive the decision can vary. Its another of those wait and see exercises most of us have had to go through.

Hopefully you will receive a favourable response and get PIP.

IF you dont, then ask for the decision to be considered. Get a copy of the assessors report (phone DWP) and compare what is written on that with what the decision maker claims is the reason for turning down PIP.

Good luck and as I said I hope you dont have to wait too long and wont have to challenge the decision

• Posted

Thank you Steve mine is a review as I reported another health problem so hoping it will be quick.
    • Posted

Sorry I misunderstood Pau. I have not been thru the review process but hope that you dont have too long to wait to hear. Good luck..
  • Posted

Hello

Mine took 2 weeks to get my decision back.

0 points on both.

Awaiting decision on MR

• Posted

Sorry to hear that hope you are going to appeal.
    • Posted

Without wishing to add to how you might be feeling having received the decision and waiting for MR, please do not be surprised if the MR is the same or similar to the original decision. If your claim is turned down, then please consider going to appeal. As I`ve pointed out previously only 2% of claimants appeal but 60% of those who do go to tribunal win. I hope you have a successful outcome with MR but can you please let us know. I`m sure you will get help, support and advice from contributors to the discussion boards here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.