Pip assessment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I wonder if anyone can help, my mother has ptsd due to witnessing a man getting stabbed to death infront of her eyes and she's got a bad back aswell and doctors says it's to do with her ptsd, she's been on high rate pip for 2 years, she's got a appointment for another assessment but her support worker on holiday, her appointment is on the 19th of this month, my mother only leaves house for doctors appointment, can I ask them to change appointment because support worker on holiday, my mother in a bad way with her nerves and she's got worse since she got letter, she has nobody else apart from myself, can someone give me any advice please, thanks 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

She's does get out , I take her to my house to spend the day and I take her to visit her sister for the day , every now and then, it's not often she sees her sister, I always take her runs in car to get her out xx

• Posted

Yes but what is the reasons she claims Enhanced Mobility? Is it because of her PTSD or because of mobility issues?
    • Posted

Ok i thought it maybe. Then she may have problems getting that Enhanced Mobility awarded again. You can not score 12 points for that because they stopped it and changed the descriptor. she maybe able to get Standard mobility though. xx
    • Posted

When did they change the pip that people with mental health don't get mobility? Sorry if I'm being a pest xx

• Posted

It was February this year, so those that had awards before that would have most likely got the Enhanced. When reviews come along like your mum then they will lose that award. I'm so sorry but when i remembered i just had to tell you because i didn't want to give you false hope. xx

• Posted

Not everyone with Mental health will be affected ONLY those that are affected by psychological distress. What this means is if someone can't follow a route of a FAMILIAR journey because they don't have the mental capacity to do so then they will score those 12 points.

• Posted

The new rules came into affect on 16th March 2017. Where the words For reasons other than psychological distress, were added to 3 of the planning and following a journey part of mobility. If you want i can provate message you a link to show you but this will have to be tomorrow. It's been a very long day and it's now very late. xx Links can't be posted here.

• Posted

Standard is between 8-11 points and is £22 per week.  Enhanced is 12 points and above, it's £58. Enhanced you qualify for the mobility car and standard you don't. If your mum loses her Enhanced Mobility and she's got the car it will have to be returned. Hope this helps. Good night, if you have more questions i'll gladly answer them tomorrow. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.