Pip assessment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thank God that's over had my pip exam 2 day tried 2 explain a lot of my condition b ur felt I was cut off on some of it plus u missed a lot of things especially transport 2 hospital was getting patient transport to hospital as it's too far 4 me in bus so I have to pay 4 community transport and I If get put of esa I won't b able 2 pay for it 2 get 2 hospital.so now have 2 wait on my esa results and pip that's 2 exams a.v had in 16 days never felt so much stress in my life 4 years so now it's the waiting game I get paid 2morrow but it doesn't come into my account till 2am so b but all night again

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Good luck Dru. Next week you can ring PIp and ask them to send you a copy of your assessment report ( the same for ESA) this will give you an idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with that report.

As with any decision, unfortunately there's no timescales.

• Posted

Thanks Denise phone 2morrow about my esa phoned them on Friday but no decision has been made yet x
    • Posted

Just want 2 get back 2 normal and get this over and done with need 2 c doc 2 about suitable transport 2 hospital it's about a 100 mile round trip pathetic I should never have moved house everything is out the way here but benefits first had no indication about 2day

• Posted

I know you're anxious but 2 weeks really isn't long. The decision can take anywhere between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer for ESA.

• Posted

I'm very surprised they are still providing the transport for you because 100 miles is a lot. Can't you change hospital to somewhere closer to home? That seems a more logical solution to me.

• Posted

Berwick infirmary is only 8 miles away Denise but because it's England then next 1 is Edinburgh roughly about 90 to 100 miles coz I stay in borders there not now supplying transport so I had 2 ask charity called berwickshire wheels so I need 2 pay them and go and c social work in hospital to pay 4 it if not then I won't b able 2 attend anymore appointments which is alot. So al need 2 speak 2 hospital and tell them am not alone down here for transport 2 hospital but in the end it's my health that's suffering but al wait and c thanks 4 ur concern Denise x😀

• Posted

Denise how do u claim severe disability benefit do u have to b on pip thanks.
    • Posted

For SDP you need to live alone, or classed as living alone. No one claims Carers Allowance for you. Have a daily living award of PIP or mid/high rate care DLA. You must also be claiming Income Related ESA not Contribution based.

If you fall into that criteria then you ring ESA and either ask to claim SDP over the phone and ask them to send you an IS10 form. It's one of those benefits that's very simple to claim, just a few questions about who lives with you and if anyone claims Carers Allowance for you.

• Posted

phoned esa Denise no decision yet on my medical xmam and asked them to send me doctor report which there going 2 do but today got text message from pip saying that they have received notes from the pip assessment I had on Wednesday so can i ring pip on monday and ask 4 my report thanks. X
    • Posted

You can ring them anytime but they will only send you a copy of the report once they've received both copies back. Receiving the paper copy always takes longer than the digital one.

• Posted

Denise esa said sending out doc's report on 2nd class post should have it by monday or Tuesday. Anyway phoned pip today about my exam but like u said I will put that up 2morrow so people don't get confused thanks 😀

• Posted

I know you rang ESA and they're sending out the report. Don't expect it Monday or Tuesday though. DWP external post also has to go through a mail sorting process and post coming from them can often take 7 days or more.

You also said about the PIP report being received and asked me when you can ring for that report. I answered with "you can ring anytime but they won't send you a copy of the report until they've received both copies back" both copies means the paper based one and the digital one. The test you received means they've got the digital one only. The paper copy will follow in a few working days, so approx Wednesday of next week they'll receive that. You can then ring and ask for your copy to be sent. If you ring before both copies have been received and they adds a note to the computer for them to send you a copy, chances are that note will be ignored and yours won't be sent. Then you'll have to ring again.

I know you're anxious Dru, everyone is but wait until Middle of next week to ring for the PIP report.

• Posted

Am not usually this anxious Denise it's just because I have moved house and no family about.but it's out my head now no worrying about it any more no point my last esa results took months when I stayed in Glasgow so everything is done now the ball is in there court so anyway good luck 2 all who's waiting too this is my seventh could it b luck 7???????

• Posted

Yes I feel they cut me off on lots of things even to prove consultants advice etc they weren't interested. I've hope you have done well it's a very stressful time for everybody concerned please let me know and good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.