PIP assessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had my pip assessment today how long before I should ring up for my report? any ideas how long a decision could take I'm in Lancashire? x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I waited about till I received the text saying they had received the report back at DWP but I still waited about 10 days before I finally received it.

They will tell you they don't send them out anymore, just say that the freedom of information act says your entitled to it.

Hope all goes well for you, is it a review

• Posted

Hi,

If you wait about a week then they should have received both reports back by then providing it not been chosen for audit.

Waiting times for decisions vary depending on backlog in your area. The report will give you some idea what that decision will be because they most go with that.

Use the PIP descriptors to add up the recommended points in the report.

• Posted

I can only tell you of my own experience.

My assessor said I could only ask for a report when they let me know the decision and not before.

This was not correct.

I asked for a report after about 3 or 4 weeks and they sent me the report which I got about a few days before the decision which went in my favour.

I think the whole point of asking for a report is that it gives you a good idea of what the decision is likely to be.

Hope everything works out OK for you.

Sarah

• Posted

Some will agree to send it out, some won't. It really depends on who you speak to. If the adviser refuses, simply ring again and speak to a different person, chances are they will agree to send it. This happened to me with my daughters first PIP claim.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.