PIP Assessment Centres and your Medical Records For Sale!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

This is an Important to all Claimants on ESA and PIP

Yes, you read the title correctly...

You have only a short time to opt out of having your identifiable, confidential GP medical records sold, with the help of Atos, to drug companies and who knows who else?

For more details click on the following link and look for Benefits and Work, then look on Benefits and News.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/useful-resources-488646

They have all the information you need to opt out.

Report your own case about ATOS, Capita and Maximus, and how you were treated to the Public Accounts Committee (PAC). As from next month they are all being investigated

I will leave the prerogative to you! I'm sure many of you have many stories to tell.

Regards,

Les.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Les

Thanks for this Info never knew they could do this and it's a worry too

Been trying too get my med records still waiting for them

Regards

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul,

You are welcome, many people did not know about it - a few opted out back last year, with their children's details as well (in the wrong hands these could lead to crimes being commited, on a global scale).

Surely, a letter to your doctor will give you access to that information, or just a quick reminder note. 

That information went public, but there is no mention of it on the news or media (again!). I see yesterday, IDS was not happy with the High Court decision on doing the U-turn on his "Carers Allowance Capping". It is true what my wife said though, she is paid just over £60 a week (which is classed as a taxable income as well), to look after me 24/7/365 - I bet IDS would not do all what she does for the small amount of cash, it is unreal.

Reporters tried to get an interview with IDS yesterday after losing the High Court, but he walked on by, and that High Court U-turn cost the Tax-payers £59,000, and now they are appealing.

Mind you they have been caught out in many matters lately, one which is big never even reached the media - I wonder why...hehe

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Les

What goes on behide closed doors at DWP with IDS makes me wonder if they really are doing stuff selling meds records is bang of out order and wrong for money but this government will try anything too

Yesterday was a great day for everyone I was so happy with the news but j see the the goverment are appealing with it yet again you can't make this crap up.

Regards

Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.