PIP Assessment Fibromyalgia

Posted , 11 users are following.

I feel so stressed and anxious.  The brown envelope fell through the door this morning stating that I am not eligible for PIP at all.   The letter goes on to say why I missed on points which is making me furious.   My daughter who accompanied me to the assessment explained that I cannot take my own meds, wash bathe without assistance, and could not manage to plan a journey or do my own expenses  She does all of this for me these days due to my fatique, lack of concentration and fibro fog    The paperwork that I have just received says that I need no assistance in any of the above listed ?????  Why do they bother to ask at assessment if they are going to provide their own answers????   Have cried most of the day as really dont think that I have the stamina to go through it all again

Any advice welcome  Thanks x

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know it's incredibly stressful but please don't give up!! You can appeal their decision. Go to your gp & ask him/ her to write a letter explaining how fibro affects you in your day to day life ( you may be charged for this but it's worth it). I also suffer with fibro along with a prolapsed disc & plantar fasciitis. The first assessment I attended I could hardly walk but on the letter I received it said I walked into the room with no visible problems!!! I was also refused PIP but I'm determined to keep applying. I've been for another assessment today so we shall see if I've been successful this time. Just remember you're not alone & us other fibro sufferers know how truly debilitating this illness can be. Good luck & don't give up!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.