Pip assessment is making me so anxious

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive received DLA for a number of years and have a PIP assessment coming up. The interview is 35 miles away and I’m having panic attacks just thinking about it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Julie

Sorry regards this stressful time, They are changing most DLA sufferers onto Pip and the tests and assessment are very unpleasant for so many people.

One thing that seems to be changing is the attitude to Mental Health, they were generally not that understanding.

The Government are now changing the criteria regards Mental Health and are beginning to take it into consideration once more.

All I can suggest is you take all hospital GP paperwork with you, they would have also contacted your GP and they will also have the papers of your original claim. Be honest and factual also direct, that is all I can suggest..

If you are having treatments now try and remember how you are getting on

BOB

• Posted

Thank you Bob. The assessment centre is miles from where I live

i have already given them permission to access my medical records should I take anything else 

• Posted

In the future Julie When you go to hospital or end a course of treatment you need to ask for copies of the reports sent to your GP, all you do is ask at Reception where you attend for treatment for a copy of your report. They will then send out copies every time  you attend appointments. You can take them with you as required , you can use them if the DWP has not got all the correspondence this will help you support the examination if needed.

You will also not need to ask for copies again they will be sent them automatically everytime you visit hospital or clinic

I live over sixty miles from the centre, so I sympasise

BOB

• Posted

Ps

Make a list of your concerns etc, so you can in your own mind explain your condition and any problems you do have. This will prevent anything been missed that could help you and your claim

If possible take someone with you, who will be there as a friend

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.