PIP assessment points same as decision makers?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am still waiting for my decision on my transfer from DLA to PIP. I do have a copy of the assessment and was just wondering if its a good indicator of any award that might be made? 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If you google pip descriptors cab a list will come up with points allocated to the descriptors, check your report against those.

I did this with mine and I received the award that matched, but as some people on here will tell you, it doesn't always follow that the DWP take the word of the assessor.  Let us know how you get on.  smile

• Posted

Yes it is my partner haf a assesment and the dwp went with the atos points and recomendations so i could tell by the report he would get enhanced for both
  • Posted

Hi jon how long after did you get the assessment back ?
    • Posted

Hi David, I had the f2f on the 18th august and requested it on the 22nd, have to say it came within a few days which I was shocked about. 
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies. The assessment looks like enhanced for both if the dm goes with the report. its just the waiting thats a killer. I cant make up my mind if it was good to have the report or not.. Maybe its better having no idea rather than some :-)

• Posted

Hi did you have a home F2f ,? My wife has hers next week at home and hopefully it isn't as bad as some I've read on here ..so happy you got yours over and looking good ..yes it will be stressed I guess but least you know you proved your disability to the best you could .

• Posted

Yes I had a home assessment, I have to say she was very friendly and was thorough and overall the assessment did represent what happened. I think there where a few parts with low points but overall was ok. The key I think is to have a decent grasp of the descriptors and to fully explain the difficulties your wife faces in each of those segments. 

I hope you and your wife will be fine, I think you just have to be brutally honest on her limitations. Its all too easy when someone asks how we are or how we are coping that its all fine. the reality is somewhat different.

• Posted

I hope they are for your wife's sake.

I had mine a while ago - two came out one talking to me whilst the younger one who walked around seemed to be more interested in how our home was furnished and what car I had that was parked on the drive.

No idea what the report says and to be honest I'm not interested. The DWP refused me - that's what I expected and accept.

• Posted

What for my wife's sake ? Sorry you didn't get yours Les but if you expected it why would you put yourself through it ? Don't make sense .And sorry what has your furniture got to do with your illness ? And how dare somebody come in walking round your home it's as if your being assessed by what your home is like not you ..I keep a tidy home not just for my wife but for me ..we have three grown up children that also help when they come over ..Also what car you have ? Not sure what that has to do with them either I have a small car and it's 13 years old it's still in good condition so will that go against my wife ..my wife can't drive with her illness even if she wasn't as bad as she is her eyes don't respond to light like normal due to brain swelling and plus her epilepsy would stop her getting a licence ..but as many use there allowance for a car why would that be brought into the decision? Now I am getting lost ..the decision Is made on how the illness/ disability is daily and how much help you need ..but your saying they look at your home and car ?

• Posted

I had already given up with the idea of claiming anything ever again. It was suggested that I try just one more time - this time for Attendance Allowance. I knew what the outcome would be from past experiences. I think that it was a case of proving to myself that along the way the DWP have flagged me up as being someone that lacks integrity and honesty.

All I can say is that two came to assess me. The older guy did the questioning whilst sitting down at the dining table with me whilst the younger one stood most of the time wandering around. He mentioned the overall design of the room and lounge and when looking out of the patio doors mentioned that the garden must take up a lot of time to keep it like that and that he would love to have a car like we have.

I was asked if I would show them the bathroom upstairs - told him that if he was that desperate and wanted the toilet there is one by the front door!

The way the assessment went for me was that they were as interested in my disabilities and the difficulties I have as well as weighing up how we can live like we do being previously on a means tested benefit. Yes our home is furnished quite nicely and yes I do have an newish and expensive BMW.

• Posted

Hmmmm not sure what to say about the way you was treated but fact I would just turn round and say this medical is about my wife and what care I give her ..what my home and car has to do with anything and now I look after my home as nothing to do with you ..your paid to do your medicals not judge ..end of
  • Posted

Les, its awful how you have been treated but I have to say after a lot of reading that I have never heard of 2 people arriving for a PIP assessment. Perhaps its diffferent for aa? David, I would try not to worry too much about it. all you can do is explain exactly how it is, if they disagree then you can always go down the road of a tribunal. I have had to do 2 over recent history and won at both as they take the time to read and look at all the evidence. best wishes for you both
    • Posted

Thankyou Jon , Never asked about the two doing medical as though it maybe the norm actually think in some cases it would be safer for them ...what if they are attending a mental health person that can attack them
    • Posted

I think that is a possibility if you are flagged on the system as being in a vulnerable position. I have not ever heard of it for a regular PIP assessment though. 
    • Posted

Just noticed your post - Yes that might well be answer that I have been looking for. I never thought that way.

Yes I do have a mental health history of violent outbursts - mainly directed at someone I don't know - just sometimes when I feel threatened.

That was the reason why I was Sectioned!!

Thanks, I'll bet you are right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.