Pip assessments

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband had his first f2f March 2016 then a second Dec 5 2016 still unable to reach a decision he's schizophrenia social anxiety disorder split personality and they are saying as he's completely different the both times they have been out its hard to reach a discussion his risk assessment is high and can't be left on his own at any point it's awful how they treat people.

Hopefully they will make a decision soon

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this. Getting your local MP involved is an option. I had to do the exact same thing when i first claimed PIP. They made me wait almost 11 months for an assessment. This was 3 years ago so PIP hadn't long been out then. I contacted my local MP told him my story 10 days they called me for assessment. They then messed me around when i sent my application for off for Severe Disability Premium so again i contacted my MP. 2 days later i had a call from DWP who asked me a few questions relating to SDP. I was then told i'd be awarded it and a back pay of over £2,000 was in my bank 4 days later. I wouldn't have know about cantacting my MP if i hadn't have posted some questions on a different forum, where i was then adviced to do this. I'm so glad i did. Hope your husband gets a decision soon.

• Posted

Thanks for your advice I will make a appointment with my local mp tomorrow it's awful how they treat people

Jo

• Posted

You dont need to make an appointment. I did all mine online. There's a wedsite that allows you to contact your MP through that. That's how i did it. Your MP will then email you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.