Pip assessors r a disgrace

Posted , 5 users are following.

So just got.my pip report this morning and even tho I have gotten worse they have still only awarded me the standard rate for both and filed a complaint against the assessor as she has insulted me and affended me by putting in the report that I looked over weight didn't know a size 12 was over weight and given that I also have under active thyroid and even took thyroid he medication with me who is she to put such a nasty comment in the assessment she was rude and really off with me I found it really unnerving iv been left gob smacked

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you send in or take any other evidence with you other than your medication? Evidence is a really important part of the PIP process because they very often don't contact anyone for evidence. It's the claimants job to send this in. It's also not the diagnosis that will get you an award it's how your condition affects you in daily life. It's those descriptors that will get you the points for the ward. If you don't fit those descriptors then you won't get the points.

Your next step would be to consider whether to ask for  Mandatory Recosideration (MR) if you do decide to go down this route then remember they'll look at the whole award again and they could lose everything you already have or they could increase or decrease the award. Most MR's stay the same and you'll more than liekly have to take it to Tribunal Appeal, 65% of Appeals are successful tho so much more of a chance. It's a very long process and extremely stressful so do please think before you proceed. How may points did you recieve in both? Want you need to do really is look at the points you got in each award, then look at the table of descriptors and see where you think you can get the extra points in. You need at least 12 points in each Daily living and Mobility for the Enhanced, so if you were awarded 8 points in each you'll need at least another 4 points for the Enhanced. Good luck on what ever you decide to do. Also you only have 1 month from the date on the letter to get the MR in so not alot of time.

• Posted

Yeah I took loads of evidence with me she refused to photo copy a lot of it especially evidence off the ambulance people and from.my doctor I scored 10in each I think I'm just very stressed about this it's not about the actual award it's how afended I am at her call in me over weight I'm size 12-14?? And I have a under active thyroid problem and I'm not very mobile due to my conditions and I don't see what me being left handed has to do with being disabled just find it all out of order

• Posted

Yes i answered you on your other post and i gave you all the advice i could. As i said you can ask for the MR but you do risk losing everything you have. You can put in a complaint but i'm not sure how far you'll get with that. PIP isn't about a diagnosis it's about how your conditions affect you daily. If you decide to go for the MR then please do ask any other questions but other than that i'm sorry i can't help you.

• Posted

Really sorry to hear you had a bad experience . Hope you had taken much more evidence in with you . The thing is they don't realise this is real people and their lives that they are messing with . I'm awaiting my invite to be assessed for pip . I'm dreading it and so scared of losing it . I have no idea what I will do x

• Posted

This was my 2nd assessment and only went as I was honest and told them that I had gotten worse and had evidence of this but they haven't taken any notice maybe if the horrible lady had photocopied my evidence things would of turned out different but like I say it's not the award that bothers me as I'm great full that I still have this unlike some people it's how she has discriminated against me and how she has lied on a few things it's disgusting and rude I was there about my disability not my weight or being left handed

• Posted

I always advice people against reporting any changes because the stress invovled just isn't worth it. You're better of waiting for the review, i know it's too late now but next time that's what i'd do. A review is much easier because the form they send you is a shortened version of the PIP2. Takes minutes to fill in. Also another thing to remember is always try to send all the evidence in with the form just incase this happens (they don't take the evidence) I've heard of this happening many times. A lot of people say that they lie on the report but on the other hand we never hear about the good stories. I was lucky that in both my assessments they told the truth right the way through the report. Some people report changes and they go on to lose everything they have.

• Posted

Sadly nothing surprises me Sara about these odious servile assessors as l am utterly dreading and fearing the worse if they contact me for assessment but whatever you do don't give in as if you need advice there are the advice services plus l am sure any of us will try to give you good advice if you need it as our  thoughts are with you going through this deeply stressful and degrading PIP process.

• Posted

They awarded me standard rate for both and I'm fine with that but it's how they have spoken about me in the report saying(looks over weight) and that is how they put it I'm a size 12-14 with a under active thyroid I wouldn't call my self over weight plus I'm not very mobile but who r these people to put people down in a report it's discrimination and utterly rude and I'm not standing for it I will take my complaint as far as I can go with it

• Posted

Just goes to show what is important to this government and it's not disabled people not exservice men sleeping on the street, make people who need another bedroom because of disability pay out of their benefit through the bedroom tax. When you need carers to come in to takeover there aren't any available because of money. Who can blame the carers working hard just above the minimum wage and could earn £2/hr more by working in a German supermarket. never mind the richest in the country are still living the life of luxury.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.