Pip assesssments

Posted , 2 users are following.

Son just lost his pip was diagnosed with autism aFew years ago.dont no how many points he got this time but was awarded 16 last time but his autism will never change if anything he finding things harder.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How does it effect him?  Please go into some depth.

I was told I have asperges as a child and it's on my records. It's actually been a constant hinderance having this label with the exception that the added money from DLA took away normal financial pressure. Saying that, when I was moved to PIP I scored 0. I don't know how I managed this because, I have do definatly have problems such as depression which I feel is caused by constant chest pain and thus the crippling of my ability to function even when I want to. I just have to stay in bed some days......

Anyhow, if you feel your son has asperges then you can ask for a mandatory review, then full appeal. But please do not think of the money. You need to think, will this label hinder his future?

From 13 to 16 I was repeatable told by every GP i was a worrier, and ive since seen the notes they recorded such as hypercondriac. The reality was I had an enlarged hernia and my parents thankfully took me private. They just didnt want to listen to a boy with asperges and that maybe isn't worth the risk!

The worst part is, my experience is similar today.

I have to bring my girlfriend into the doctors to get anywhere, atleast to the doctors that have my medical records stating asperges.

• Posted

Hi alex123x my son has had problems since I can remember,I thought he would go out of these things,everyone used tell me that he was different but didn't take him to see anyone we went see doctor when he was 17 years old.The doctor refer him to mental health specist and it was though him he was refer to BASS which is adult side of be umbrella for Autisum. He had two appointments one me in room and one with out me.Then we were told he had autisum. He was on pip for less than year and was awarded high rate care,then they assess him again and he scored not one point.so we now have gone for ms. Jacob needs promting to get up,get in shower wash him self,get dressed he put dirty clothes back on same underwear Jacob stay in room all time only comes down for meals which he won't eat with us Jacob does not join in with any social events he has one friend.jacob is 2o 21 December and does not go anywhere on his own I have take him to college and pick him up .he doesn't like his routine changed and gets angry if somethings different in his day.He doesn't understand question he has 2 support workers at college.he has only just learn how use microwave and cantnot make a simple meal.he gets quite angry and has meltdowns on day to day .he on list for social worker to help him when he does want to leave home. Lots more but to much yo write all i hope is that They do change there minds with my son.i do all so have daughter with mental health and she has ME.i had fight for her dla and go court so no what to expect.

• Posted

Hey Janet,

Thanks for your responce.

It does sound like your son Jacob has signs of asperges and I do recognise some of his symptoms in myself but I'm personally kind of in denial about my asperges with the self belief for me it's the depression but then the signs are very similar to those of asperges. Is it possible he has depression and anxiety?

Believe or not... Diet changed my life.

If I commit to eating two kiwi's a day, after a month I will feel better and be more involved. I will want to go out more, and experience more things because my mood is hightened. This is not far fetch as kiwi's are packed full serotonin and there is statistical research to show that those with asperges are more likely to suffer from depression. Obviously with depression, you become withdrawn and isolated. It made a big difference for me, so maybe tempt you son into trying this. You never know, it may really help him smile.

I think 70% of cases win on the appeal. So it's clearly just a stategy to reduce payments in order to meet the budget target.

• Posted

Thanks for thous comments alex123 he eat loads of fruit that was one the only things I could get him to eat has baby he didnt like the textures of some foods and used smell his food has well .repetitive behaviours is another thing he got says same things over over and makes quite funny noises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.