Pip assesy

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi this is long shot if anybody can help me but I had a call to from a lady from pip 2 weeks ago and she told me she was happy with everything i said and woulkdnt have a face to face assessment and i would hear with in 5 to 10 days so i called to ask my report thrn was told with a case worker so they gave ne a number to call medical assessesment t unit they said i would if never had a call from dwp so i really dont no whats hapoennjng

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

HI,

All you can do is wait. If no face to face assessment is needed then they will do a paper based assessment. Once the assessment report is written it will be returned to DWP and then eventually a decision will be made on your claim.

If the report hasn't been returned to DWP then it may not have been written yet. Or it's been sent to audit. Either way there's nothing you can do until you hear from either DWP telling you the report has been returned or from the assessment providers with a date for a face to face assessment.

I realise you're stressed but there's nothing more you can do.

• Edited

PIP don't tend to call you unless you request a call back they will normally only contact you via letter then if you need speak to them about it you would then have to call them. did you take the name of the lady that was supposedly from PIP? what report are you asking for? As there reports are from the face to face assessments with details of what the assessor has said they have seen you do /can't do etc they don't normally just say you don't need a f2f unless it's terminal or you have had f2f's in the past because of renewals and the assors then decided weather or not they believe it is going to last longer than so many months or it's a life long illness that isn't likely to get better I've been on PIP for over 4 years and I've had to have 2 f2f as they don't think my illness is going to last longer than 9months every time even through I've had this certain medical problems since I was 13 which has only gotten worse over time so once again I have to go for another f2f soon due to renewal . my best advice would be is to ask for an update on your claim and if there is anything else they need from you and double check if you do need a f2f and if you do ask how long is the wait for an appoiment just explain to them what you have said here and tell them you need to know what is really going on with your claim

• Edited

Sorry but i disagree with this " they don't normally just say you don't need a f2f unless it's terminal or you have had f2f's in the past because of renewals and the assessors then decided weather or not they believe it is going to last longer than so many months"

Although paper based assessments are rare, it's absolutely possible to have a paper based assessment if it's a first time claim or when transferring from DLA. Although most do have face to face assessments, a paper based one is definitely possible.

If they don't think a condition will last longer than 9 months then there will be no award at all because this is part of the criteria for claiming it.

• Posted

hi this is my second renewal as my hip and knee are on going issues the last claim i am just renewing has been going fir 3 years plus, i sent in all updates with my joints they asked me when my hip got worse when i told them she said i should of reported it but i just thought after having the opp it would been fine she just said that was ok, when i call DWP they just say its with case officer but i called assesement place they said im on a list with them and it was DWP called me not assesement do im really confused

• Posted

Sometimes a file isn't always sent straight to the health assessment providers, they are sent to a case manager for guidance. This happened to my daughter review for PIP a year ago and it took DWP 11 weeks to send hers.

Your file will need to be sent to the health assessment providers because a decision can't made without a report being written as i already advised. Yours will eventually be sent to them but how long this will take i have no idea.

As i advised previously, you should expect a face to face to assessment because most people have them.

If a decision hasn't been made by the time your award ends then your PIP will stop. Of course if a decision's been made before this time and you're successfully awarded then you'll have a new award length. If you're not awarded then your PIP will stop regardless of your current award end date.

I know you're stressed, which is perfectly normal for everyone to feel this way, even when they don't suffer with mental health. My advice is to try to think of something else and try not to stress yourself, although i know it's hard.

There's nothing at all you can do until you hear something, whether that's to tell you the report has been returned or a letter for a face to face assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.