PIP Assignment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all hope your all as well as can be expected, my assessment will be coming up in a few months, i have had little change in my condition however i have just been living with the condition taking medication but its so hard to get doctors appointments because of having to wait 2/3 weeks for appointment will this have any impact when i have my assessment.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi hope you don't mind a few questions

What is your disability, how long have you been on pip and which components do you get and where you on dla prior to pip

How old are you and do you see consultant etc on a regular basis

• Posted

i have been on pip since february 2018 and it ends november 2020 that was my first claim, i have suffered from chronic gout and osteoarthritis in my feet, i was awarded the lower in both mobility and daily allowances.

i have difficulty standing and moving as my bones and cartlidge have been eroded by both chronic gout and osteoarthritis, I also broke my ankle many years ago while at work and the ankle joint has also warn down considerably i suffer flare ups and ongoing pain. My feet are not always in flare up but even when they are not i struggle because of the damage that was done. good day my feet feel like i have a sprain and on a bad day the feel like i broke them.!

ive had injections in the ankles ive also had problems with my knees and had to have fluid drained off

imageimageimage

• Posted

Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Not going to see your GP isn't going to affect a PIP claim because a GP will very rarely know anything about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. They will only ever know the basics, which rarely helps a PIP claim. Likewise with your medical records because usually medical records doesn't tell you anything about how your conditions affect you.

As your award ends in November then you'll be contact sometime in April. Fill out those forms with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. This is exactly what i did for my daughtes last PIP review and she had a paper based assessment.

I don't advice you to simply write "no change"

You should expect a face to face assessment because most people have them, even for a review.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.