Pip award

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I had a pip face to face. Two weeks ago and got my decision today,I'm upset as for 3 years I had standard care and high rate mobility, iv now been rewarded standard for both yet my mobility is worse.so I will loose my blue badge,train disability card and bus pass (never really use bus) I carnt go any were on my own any ways.do I appeal?x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen,

If you had the car for Mobility you will lose that and they will be in contact with you regarding that. Your Blue Badge may i ask what points you scored the Mobility part in? Was it the "moving around part" of mobility? Those with a Standard award and scored 8 points in the "moving around part" Automatically qualify for the Badge. Take a look at the award notice. This also goes for the Bus pass too and the disabled rail card.

As for what you do next if you think you should have been award more points then you have just 28 days to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) please be aware that in asking for this they look at the whole award so you could either, lose everything, remain the same or have award increased. Most MR decisions remain the same so Appeal Tribunal would be the next step if it does. This is a very long and stressful process. Only you can make this decision. Did you send evidence to support your claim? was it a PIP review? or DLA before?

• Posted

Denise15811,hi I was awarded 10 points for mobility.
    • Posted

Was that in "moving around" or "planning and following Journey's"?

It makes a huge difference if it was Moving around, as you would still be eligible for Blue Badge, Bus pass and disabled rail card.

• Posted

Moving around Denise x I feel such a fake I'm worse now than I was 3 years ago I just don't get it x

• Posted

That's good at least you won't lose those other things. Dont feel that way. So many people ahve lost everything when transfering from DLA. Even those with a PIP review have lost money too. Have a think about the MR. Maybe give CAB a ring they can help with the MR and appeal tribunal if need be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.