PIP award

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I've been getting low rate mobility for about 18 months when I got my renewal pack (roughly mid January). My first 2 f2f were cancelled due to weather and got one mid March. I've just rung DWP as I've not had a letter yet and they said I was no longer getting mobility but was entitled to standard rate DL. My question is when does my entitlement go back to? When I first filled in renewal or from date of decision? Thank you in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Award will be from the date of decision and not from when you filled in or returned your form.

As you now have a daily living award do you claim any means tested benefits like ESA, Income Support or JSA? Do you have a partner or live alone, so any other adults living with you? The reason i ask this is you maybe entitled to more money.

• Posted

Hi Denise, thank you for answering my question. Can I also ask does that mean my mobility I was receiving should be paid up to date of decision? As I never received my last payment before decision was made?

I live with husband and adult daughters, he works they are at Uni. I don't work

Thanks

• Posted

Hi,

No problem. Payments will continue as normal but you may get some back pay depending on when the decision was made and when you next payment is due. The award letter you'll receive will tell you exactly what your payments will be and when.

If you were claiming the mobility part for "moving around" and you had a blue badge through this then you will no longer automatically qualify for that. If you do have one then you'll need to get intouch with the local council that issued that badge. You may still qualify for one but it will depend on their criteria. Also if you claimed the 50% reduction in car tax then you will need to contact DVLA as you won't be entitled to that either under the daily living part of PIP.

As you live with your husband who works then any premiums that you could have been entitled to on top of the benefits i mention above, will not apply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.