Pip award and income support

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I need a bit of advice, I have been awarded pip living component lower rate, but no mobility,, I got a letter telling me what I will receive. I need to know if it affects my income support? My husband claims for me and our 12year daughter. I'm really confused. Why is nothing ever straight forward !!! Thanks in advance xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Well done on the award of PIP. This is a complicated question because it's your husbands Income Support claim and not yours. I'm guessing the reasons he claims Income Support is because he claims Carers Allowance for looking after someone, possible your daughter as she claims DLA? Anyway there's a disability premium payable with Income Support and couple rate is £46.40 per week but as i said i'm unsure if your eligible because you're on your husbands claim. Your husband will need to ring Income Support to ask them.

• Posted

We have a disabled daughter who he claims dla and carers allowance for, but the dla is hers she is 24,its not black and white I'm really confused! Thanks for your help x

• Posted

Yes i thought so. Her DLA wouldn't affect anything as it's hers anyway and she's claiming that in her own right. Your husband claim carers allowance for looking after her.  Like i said because it's your husbands Income Support claim i'm unsure if this premium will be added but it maybe. Please ask your husband to ring them and ask. They may well already know about your PIP award as very often they know before you do. Benefits system is complicated and this question isn't one i've come accross before. Sorry i couldn't be of anymore help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.