Pip by txt

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi folks.

A friend of mine has just informed me of something I've not heard of before. About 6 weeks ago she was a new claimant for pip. Just today she finally had txt from capita telling her a home f2f is arranged for her next Wednesday, she didn't request a home visit. Is this normal practice to arrange a home visit so soon at the last minute? Or is it in her interests to allow the visit or arrange a day off work when her boss says it's ok. We know her boss won't mind, but it makes it that bit harder. like i said is it usual practice for capita to do this at last minute?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane if she applied 6 weeks ago then its about right, I was lead to believe that home visits were usually only offered to people who had a bad walking disability or unable to leave the house for whatever reason, maybe that has changed, remember though that if she cancels this appointment and makes another she would not be able to cancel again, is there a reason why she doesn't want the appointment, she could be given one miles away and have to attend as not able to cancel as I said

• Posted

Hello,  I got a phone call on the Monday to tell me that I was to have a face to face home visit on the Tuesday, the very next day.  I did not request a home visit but I agreed to the home visit the next day because I just wanted to get it over with. With the claims for PIP anything is possible.  They make the rules up as they go along & move the goal posts to suit themselves.  Good luck to your friend. 

• Posted

Capita are much easier to get a home assessment with than ATOS. I have mobility issues and ATOS said no to a home assessment with me, i didnt bother asking my GP for a letter altho i could have got one. Thankfully going to the assessment didn't go against me. As has already been said think carefully if you need to cancel the appointment because you can only do this once. Yes it's perfectly normally to get an appointment letter with short notice. At least the wait isn't long, that's a good thing.

• Posted

l was lucky as l never got a letter from my GP but Atos decided that l should have a home assessment obviously after reading all the information they had about me.
  • Posted

I have been lucky....Capita agreed to a home visit after a phone call and agreed to it being recorded , only 10 more days wait.. only hope its an honest assessment 

Good luck with yours keep us posted be interesting to know 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.