PIP: Can I re-apply?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys.

Firstly sorry I have not been around recently.

As some of you may know I am awaiting a date for my hearing at Tribunal.

I have a couple of questions. If I lose my case at Tribunal

1. Can I reapply for PIP? (I am 66 years old and was on DLA and had to apply for PIP at end of Oct 2016)

2. How do I submit a new claim?

3. Do DWP take into account and/or use anything (submissions, assessor`s report, court decision on original claim) in decision on new claim?

4. Will I have a new assessment on the new claim?

Thanks

Steve

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve,

If the Tribunal doesn't go in your favour i'm afraid because of your age you won't be able to reapply for PIP. It will be Attendance Allowance (AA) but with this there's no Mobility part. I'm not too sure on the procedure of AA all i know is it's fairly similar to DLA. Cross that bridge when and if the time comes tho because those that attend their PIP tribunal 65% are in their favour. This % drops considerably lower for those that don't attend. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Denise, nice to hear fro you again, and as always you have been very helpful.

I plan on attending the Tribunal in person and will let everyone know the outcome.

As I am not eligable for the Mobility part of PIP (and this is not under consideration in my appeal), then this shouldn`t be a problem if I have to claim AA, but, as you rightly say, I`ll cross that bridge if and when I have to.

Thanks once again

Steve

• Posted

Hi Steve good luck at tribunal, I hope all goes well for you, I have helped quite a few over 65 claim AA and been successful, if you do manage to be granted AA then I think its about £82 per week, as you don't receive Motability you would probably be no worse off, the criteria for AA is slightly different and does seem to focus more on physical disabilities as far as I can see.

• Posted

Thanks Alexandria

​Hopefully I won`t have to apply for AA and am not going to worry about it unless I don`t win at my tribunal. I have made a little preparation, in case, 

and found the DWP decision maker`s doc for AA and it seems the criteria is pretty tough.

​Steve

• Posted

Thanks for your good wishes Sue.

​I promise I`ll keep everyone informed when I`ve got the date and the outcome of the hearing.

​Steve

• Posted

Having just looked the the criteria for AA i wouldn't have said it was any harder the get than DLA was. If you need help during the day and or night then you should be ok. Lower rate is £55.65 (if you need frequest help or supervision during the day or supervision at night. Higher rate is £83.10 (help or supervision during both day and night) There's far less advice on the net about AA though that's the only issue. I do know an assessment would most likely be needed but i think they come to you rather than you go to them, at least that's what i heard. Anyway, think possitive you're not going to need to apply for that because your Tribunal will be a success! Do you have a date yet? Good luck when ever it is and please do let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Good luck Steve as l hope and pray that the outcome is favourable for you.
    • Posted

Thanks for checking on AA Denise.

I don`t have a date for my hearing but I am keepig positive that, with the evidence I want to present, the outcome will be in my favour.

• Posted

Thank you belgravia.

I hope that justice will prevail and will share the outcome with everyone on here.

• Posted

Everything crossed for you Steve.
    • Posted

Thanks sukes

​I`m going to give it my best shot at tribunal and refute the DMs claims which relies on the assessor`s report and dismisses all the evidence (from social services, carers, consultant) I submitted with PIP2; at MR; and to the courts.

Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.