Pip claim

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI i just wondered if anyone could help i have been recieving pip for 2 years .Ive judt been looking at a letter they sent me saying i scored 15 points but im only getting standard rate daily care.It says if you score between 8 and 11 points you get standard rate but above that yiu get enhanced rate.Well my claim says i scored 15 points so why dont i get enhanced does anyone know if this is a mistake on there part

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

What letter were you sent please? have you recently had another face to face assessment?

• Posted

To also add to the above, is that 15 points for the daily living part or 15 points between daily living and mobility? You don't add both of these parts today.

• Posted

hi no the 15 points are on the daily living and i scored 4 points on the mobility part

• Posted

Have you rang DWP to ask? If you haven't then you will need to this because only they can tell you what's going on.

• Posted

well i got my claim in february 20017 then i got another letter in august 2019 say pip laws had changed but mine was ok and staying as it was but when i looked at it again last night it said my points were 15 .So ive just rang them and the lady said no id scored 11 points but then i told her about this other letter saying i had 15 points and she said oh i need to go and ring the decision maker and find out whats going off

• Posted

Does the points on the 2017 award letter match the 2019 letter for mobility and daily living? Just to ask in case of a possible misprint on the latest letter. It "may" be the case they have underpaid you in the region of 3.5kGood luck.

• Posted

when i rang them up she said my points were 11 in my 2017 assesement she couldnt see what i was on about untill i told her i recieved a letter in august 2019 saying my pip hadnt changed but my points now said 15 on this letter so she put me on hold and said i was right and she needed to go see the decision maker to see whats happened it was a letter to say there had been a change in the law but on the first page it says here is yiur pounts total from 2017 to now

• Posted

I'm only guessing here but it's potentially a misprint and they've added up both mobility and daily living together.

The letter you would have received recently would be to do with the following and planning a journey changes in November 2016. They are looking at all claims with a decision made after November 28th 2916 but no reassessment is needed for this.

They have obviously looked at your claim and decided that your award is correct but oddly they've added 4 points onto the daily living award but it's not that part they were looking at.

In 2017 you scored 11 for daily living and 4 for mobility. Now you say the daily living score is 15 so very likely they've added both parts together. It won't be the first time i've heard of errors like this being made.

• Posted

yes i bet your right it just seemed strange that all my points from daily living now add up to 15 and thats what it says my daily living score is.Then underneath it my mobility points are a total of 4. She said they wiuld ring me back after it had been to decision maker to have a look at it so i bet they realize they have made a mistake

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.