PIP claim backdate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if they back date your PIP claim if you are awarded and where do they back date it from? Is it from your initial call to claim PIP or from when you sent in your PIP form?

I’ve had my PIP assessment over 6 weeks ago now and had a recent text message 2 weeks ago to state its with a decision maker and will be contacted within 4 weeks. It’s been 14 weeks now since I returned the initial form.

Thanks in advance 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

If you're transferring from DLA then there is no back dated money. If this is a new claim then your money will be backdated to the day you rang to start your claim, providing a decision goes in your favour. Good luck.

• Posted

Also have you rang to ask for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with that report. If you haven't asked for a copy then i'd advise you to ring tomorrow as it's also very handy if a decision doesn't go in your favour and you need to go down the Mandatory Reconsideration route.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Yes this is a brand new claim for PIP. I have not requested a report, I will ring them tomorrow to request this. 

Once I have requested this report, how long does it take to arrive to myself do you know? 

• Posted

If you live in the UK they should agree to send it to you, length of time totally depends on how long it takes them to send it but it's really like saying how long is a piece of string. I guess 10 days maybe but i really have no idea.

If you live in Northern Ireland they won't send it until a decision is made.

• Posted

Hi Diane

I live in the England (UK) and I suppose that’s just how they work then, they don’t go out their way do they to speed things up, it’s like waiting for Christmas haha 🤣 I will ring tomorrow to see what they say. Thank you for your help 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.