PIP claiming for 2 years and have to reapply/ feeling anxious

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been claiming PIP for 2 years on enhanced and recently I received a form asking me to reapply for it.

It had 3 choices to answer for each question. Easier, Same or Worse. The form didn't ask all the questions as previously provided and too be honest I can't remember what information I gave them 2 years. I'm anxious about waiting for a response as the pip payments are all I have and it pays for my mobility car. If I lose this I'm going to be devastated and completely lost I don't know how I'm going to live! Why do they do this to people......

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello Neil, I have very recently had exactly the same review form. These forms changed for reviews recently. They are extremely easy to fill in. Basically if nothing has changed, tick the "same" box. I did this and because nothing had changed with my care i left the explaining box empty. With my mobility claim it had changed as previously was claiming Standard mobility. This had become worse so i ticked "worse" and gave an explanation as to why it had become worse. I sent in very little extra evidence, was called for an assessment last Monday. Decision was made 4 days later with daily care staying at standard and Mobility is now Enhanced.

• Posted

Also it's not forms to reapply. It's review forms. They send these to everyone about 1 year before your PIP is due to end. It's just to check things haven't changed (or have in my case) If things haven't changed for you i wouldn't really worry. Good luck and let us know the out come.

• Posted

Thanks Denise

Feel a bit better, have been claiming the highest amount and said couple of them have worsened. However if I'm already claiming the highest amount do you think I'll have to go for an assessment.

Thanks

Neil x

• Posted

Hi Neil, Did you explain why it's got worse instead of just ticking those boxes? Did you send evidence other than what you sent last time? I can't say if you'll have an assessment or not. My guess is probably, because you said you're worse. When i went for my assessment, she knew as soon as she seen me that i was much worse with mobility. Less than 10 minutes later it was over. Those assessments are worrying though, i was a nervous wreck and was shaking badly from nerves. If you're called there's nothing you can do. Just be honest is what i always say. Good luck and let us know what happens and the out come.

• Posted

Up until recently you had to fill in the full application form when the current award had about 12 months still to run. Each application (re-assessment) was treated as a completely new claim with very little reference to the previous claim.

Under this new system they are issuing a new form which is simply a review of the previous award.

​I am presuming that in addition to not having to fill in the PIP2 anymore on review the DWP have decided also that the review will be a continuation of the previous one instead of being a complete new claim.

• Posted

I got the same and just said same on mine still had 2 go for medical and waiting see what happens I'm ill with worry same as u x

• Posted

I'm so sorry that this is making you feel ill Neil, I'm looking at this from a different position as I have been a carer to my son for over 24 years - he is going through the change from getting DLA to PIP at this very moment and even though it is hard on me as a mum, my son is going though hell.

Why a letter cannot be accepted from one’s own doctor who sees a patient regularly instead of committing us to a further face-to-face interview with someone who might not have any medical qualifications beggar’s belief?

If one is able to show medical evidence and produce an up-to-date letter from their doctor- in our case stating that he has a chronic illness and suffers significant disability WHY PUT THEM THROUGH THIS!

I know the DWP are trying to dwindle out all malingers; but surly they should put the trust in a doctor to know when his patient is faking it be ill or not'

• Posted

Hiya Sue

Its such a terrifying ordeal to go through, because people rely on this money to live and make our live's just a bit more manageable.

Some people have conditions which they will never be cured of, so why do we have to prove how bad we are every 2 years or so.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

I know it's frustrating and to a point i agree, but the reason for changing from DLA to PIP was to stop all those who had been claiming for years without even being checked. I know there's a lot of people out there like yourself (and me) who's condition is never going to get any better unfortunately. On the other there's people out there who's condition does improve. I applied for DLA about 6 months before PIP came out. Sent in plenty of evidence to support my claim but was refused. When PIP came out i applied, sent off the same evidence had assessment about 11 months later. I was awarded standard for both. The reviews also depend on the length of award you've been given. The longest award i think is 10 years. With DLA there were life time awards. Imo PIP seems fairer but that's probably only because i was refused DLA. If your condition hasn't changed then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I also found my review assessment alot easier. Infact when i came out my first thought was " i have no idea what i was worried about" Good luck though and try to stay calm although i know that's impossible.x

• Posted

Thanks Denise

You've made me feel a lot more relaxed about the situation.

xxx

• Posted

Why a letter cannot be accepted from one’s own doctor who sees a patient regularly instead of committing us to a further face-to-face interview with someone who might not have any medical qualifications beggar’s belief?

​Simply because a GP and a Healthcare assessor look at things from a totally different perspective.

​When was the last time that your GP sat you down and with a list of descriptors in his/her hand talked to you to try to find out if and which of those descriptors your life fitted?

Its like comparing a GP and a dentist or a GP and a vet.

• Posted

Hi Neil.

I am in the same position. I was due to be reviewed next year. But they send the forms out to everyone a year early. I have got worse so I filled it all in and out alot of evidence in with it.

I then got a letter saying I needed a home assessment! Which I never asked for. It's been 15 weeks from the beginning and I'm still waiting for a decision. It's màde me even worse. I can't function at the moment. It's consumed my life really. I hope you get your answer soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.