Pip decision?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

i recently put back in for PIP beginning on Jan due to suffering with Bipolar disorder and EUPD. i returned my form end of jan and got the apt for my face to face quite quickly. i have had my face to face on 25th feb. im just wondering what happens now? how long til i get a decision/outcome of my claim please roughly?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had my F2F beginning of February and I had a text on Monday to say that they had received it back at DWP from capita so I rang and asked for a copy, haven't received it yet but hopefully this week.

It can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to 12 is this your first application for PIP

• Posted

how long does it take to get a decision after they've received it? and its my 2nd time applying x

• Posted

Hi,

There's no timescales to any decision. It depends on backlog in your area. As you only had your assessment a few days ago it could be anything between 2-8 weeks.

Ring DWP next week to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

You say this is the 2nd time applying. Were you refused the first time? Did you request the MR then Tribunal if that failed?

• Posted

i was on pip when i was 18 for bipolar i had it over a year then i had the face t face again and they said i was no longer entitled. and thank you ill do that x

• Posted

As I said it doesn't have a set time scale and could take up too 12 weeks but doesn't normally, as Denise said it can depend on the area your in.

Did you receive pip before or is this just a second application

• Posted

If refused the best thing to do is to request the MR followed by Tribunal if that fails. Constantly re-applying could see you being refused again, especially if you use the same evidence you used previously.

• Posted

No i had it when i was 18 im 22 now. ive claimed again due to postpartum psychosis /post natal depression since giving birth 8m ago. still not recovered and not sure i can go back to work. hence my claim 😃 i put in a mandatory reconsideration last time and eventually just left it. i wont be doing that again this time!

• Posted

Hi I've handed in my pip form in July 2018 due to change in circumstances with my health I have got standard rate on both till 2020 but I had to report the change in my health as i had a diagnosis and it meant that my condition has no cure and is now inoperable. was sent form to fill out again and sent it back recorded delivery in July and not heard anything yet. Guess my area has backlog. X

• Posted

Hello nicola,

Just so that you're aware. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.