Pip decision

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've had my face to face consultation over 3 weeks ago and firstly I received a text message to say they had all the info needed to decide my pip claim and will receive a decision letter once it has been made, then recieve another letter 2 weeks later saying they have all the info and reports needed about my condition and they are sorry it's taken longer than expected to give a decision on my claim but they will contact me as soon as a decision on my claim but they will contact me as soon as a decision is made. Is this a good or bad sign and has anyone else received this type of letter and what was the outcome

Cheers

1 like, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Evening David75395.

I received the same letter on Friday regarding my sons PIP. We had our f2f on 2 Aug. Fingers crossed its a positive. My friend got a no for her daughter and never recieved this letter.

Will update you on our claim.

• Posted

Hello katrina 1979 , let's hope it is a good sign but we all know what could happen.

Best of luck to you .

• Posted

Hi Katrina 1979

What it looks like I no people who have had a no but not got a letter so good luck I am going to phone up on Tuesday so will let u no what happens

• Posted

Yes me and David was going on about this a lot of people never got a letter got a no but people who got a letter got pip but good luck
  • Posted

Please keep me posted. I will do the same.

Really hope it's posotive for everyone.

• Posted

Hi same happened to me this is what happened to me.

I recently applied for pip it was transfer from dla. I sent for back on 11th August. They received it on 12th August. I received text saying they had got it and I might need to see a health professional. Yesterday 24 August I receive text saying they have all information they need to make a decision.they have only had the form for 8 days. Does this mean they have made a decision? 8 days is not long enough as how could they have contacted my doctor? I also had essa review in July at the same time I was invited to apply for pip. Esa was done in a week with no face to face assessment. I'm going mad thinking what they have decided. I am dreading the outcome. 8 days is rubbish unless the written evidence you supply your self is so overwhelming. I did do this and hope they understand.

• Posted

Received a text message this morning saying I'm entitled to pip , not sure which rates but glad the waiting and stress is all over !

• Posted

Hi David,

really pleased for you, but you could always try ringing them and they can tell you how much you are going to receive. 

• Posted

Hi sukes I got enhanced on both hope everyone gets awarded it who's received that letter

• Posted

Yeah   that is fantastic news David, so pleased for you.biggrin

• Posted

Fantastic news. Very pleased the stress is now over.

I'm currently still waiting for a decision.

• Posted

Hopefully it will be a positive one katrina seeing as you too received the same letter, ill keep my fingers crossed for you and I am so glad the stress is over
    • Posted

Hi all, I recently applied for PIP due to having a continual debilitating balance problem and inability to work for last 2-3 months. I am hoping to be awarded a small amount so I can get a little help as I live alone. It would appear from what i have read

that the assessment is quite stressful. I wish my application had been this week now as I explained I can't use a mnasin oven to prepare my meals as I can't bend down without taking a tumble. I have been using my combined oven to prepare simple meals but that caught fire tonight so it's salads for me for a while.

I hope you all get the right decision and sooner rather than later. It's so difficult trying to get through these illnesses as it is without the stress and exhaustion these forms and assessments cause.

• Posted

Just be careful how you answer. They will class being able to prepare a salad as being able to feed yourself. If you can take someone along to the assessment.... Then you have a witness.

• Posted

I don't this I will qualify for the daily living component because, although it takes me ages to get myself a meal I can do this. I am hoping I can claim the mobility element as I can't get out alone these days. Too unsteady to walk very well

• Posted

That's why if you can take someone to your assessment.

Honestly I had a massive panic attack and didn't hold a single convo with the 'nurse' every single thing she wrote was a lie, thankfully my mum was with me so I can argue it.. And I've got a social worker doing that for me. All I mean is back yourself up.

They gave me 2 points.... When social worker at the hospital re did it on me they assigned me over 14 points ... And they also included medical results which were fabricated because they didn't do a single test on me.

They also didn't read any of my medical notes. I know that doesn't happen to everyone and some of the assessors are decent but just always back yourself up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.