pip decision

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I said i would update everyone that has followed by posts. Well here goes. It's not good and I'm a very distressed so excuse me if I ramble on.

I was due to have my renewal for PIP. I got informed that I was having a home assessment.

The lady seem pleasant enough but didn't give me much eye contact . She was too busy typing and wouldn't let me explain some things. When I asked about my condition she said she didn't know.

I am currently on standard care and higher mobility.

I am waiting on a decision but I have received my report.

She has only awarded me 4 points for mobility so I stand to loose all my money. My condition is life long with no improvement .

She has talked about my difficulties but then contradicted herself when scoring me.

Can I ring up and ask them to look into this before they make a decision

0 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Care

I really don't know what to say, I can imagine your really struggling to cope with the decision but I don't know if you can ask for an MR before they give you your official written decision which your report is not that.

I didn't know you could ask for your report before you had received that??? I don't know, I'm sure someone will have an answer.

You would still get your care wouldnt you?

I know that they are starting to have different criteria for mobility, do you think this could be the reason

• Posted

Hi Alexandria, you can ask for a copy of assessment report before decision is made. I did with my first claim and my renewal. Although with renewal i got decision letter before the report. The criteria for mobility hasn't changed in the 2 years i've been claiming. It's still up to 20 metres for Enhanced mobility.

• Posted

There is no different criteria for Mobility. They are simply tightening up on the claims.

​The government are non too happy at the moment. The 20% saving has disappeared and if you add the cost of the extra appeals they are spending more than they did with DLA!

​To get back on line and get the PIP down to what they want, they have tightened up with everything.

​Simply put - far too many are getting PIP than the government wanted to see.

• Posted

Hi.

I'm worse than I was 2 years ago on my assessment. There is no cure for my condition. I'm waiting for an injection in my hips as i haven't left the house in nearly 2 weeks. I'm waiting for an emergency doctor to ring as we speak as i can't control my pain. It's just a complete mess

• Posted

This is a renewal though and there is no cure for my illness. It just gets worse which it has done 😣

• Posted

I have the mobility at the moment. But i have got worse. I don't see how they can say that I was awarded this 2 year ago. My doctors and hospital have said no cure and it will progress. Yet she awarded at least 8 points lower

• Posted

Hi Clare, the DM could still go against this, even though it's rare. You do have to wait for the final decision before you can ask for the MR. The assessment report is only what the AP thinks. Hopefully the decision won't keep you waiting too long.

• Posted

You have to ring them up takes a while to get through and say you are going to make a mandatory appeal. Then write a letter why it is the wrong decision, get help with it if it is to daunting. Send any extra info you have photo copy all paperwork you are sending. If they still say the same,  you have another avenue in a trubunal but do the mantory first.
    • Posted

No decision has been made yet. This is what was said on the assessment report. Nothing is final until the DM makes a decision.
    • Posted

Thank you Denise.

She has lied in so many aspects. She hasn't wrote down what I said. She said I was calm and looked well. Within an hour of her leaving I was sick with pain and anxiety. She said I can.walk 200 meters when all I do was stand and go from one side to the other which she asked me to. But i struggled.

She said I kept touching my head and shoulder. which i do because I have constant neck pain and I had a migrain. I am told I have to swim to get to help my condition. I said i try to go but sometimes I can't. She said I go every week no problem

So many untruths. I feel so I'll now. I'm waiting for a doctor as it's made my pain so bad with all of the stress

• Posted

How did you tell her it affected you day day and with movement.
    • Posted

I told her everything as i did last time. I can't have aids to help me walk as the condition effects my whole body. Especially my hands shoulders hips and knees. She didn't listen to.what I was saying. She kept talking over me. I as me her if I could explain my condition as it's rare and she just moved into the next thing.

• Posted

I would ask for a copy of the notes. Also the assessors are not trained or qualified to deal or even know about your condition/s.

To me it's a game and you have to make them aware of your restrictions and not your conditions.

Why can't they have a note from your GP to say yes they do have a debilitating condition and no they can't do xy or z.

They don't realise the anxiety, stress and depression caused by a random letter sent out which change your life.

Thanks

Neil x

• Posted

If you don't use aids to walk do you use a wheelchair? or a mobility scooter when you go out? I use a mobility scooter when i go out and a stick when i can't use a scooter. My condition also affects my whole body but woudn't be able to keep my balance without my stick. You mention you have shoulder problems but kept touching your head and neck during assessment. It's all these things that the AP will look at, including how you're dressed. Like i said above the decision hasn't been made yet and the decision maker could go again the AP.

• Posted

I do have a chair just to get to the car. But i don't really go out on the days I can't walk. I can't enjoy anything when I'm in pain constantly. I'm embarasswd to go in the chair with me being young. My husband hold a me most of the time or my son. I have just had scans on my shoulders and they saw that I have degenerative muscle s and swollen tendons. I was hold my neck alot to try to support it and rub it because I get pain all round there. I was rubbing my fore head because I could barely focus on her ( I had a bad migrain) within an hour of her leaving I was sick because I had sat that in agony and my migraine make me sick.

I only go out with my son or husband because my joints pop out of place without any warning. And I fall alot. So I don't have the confidence anymore as i get scared. I also have other issues that I don't want to say on here but I need help with sometimes. It's a little degrading.

She contradicted herself alot in the report

• Posted

I have braced for my ankle . Knees. Wrists and elbows too. They try to support me as i can use aids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.